Notices

Thread: Anybody had a Honda VTR1000 or Triumph TT600???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Anybody had a Honda VTR1000 or Triumph TT600??? 
    I've decided to sell my old CBR1000f its a big barge like for me at slow speeds etc and I dont enjoy riding it as much as I should (love the torque once its on the open road though) - just wondered if anyone's ever had a VTR1000 or Triumph TT600 and what they thought of it. They both appeal to me being a bit lighter etc.

The bikes only used as my dry weather fun so being practical etc isnt a consideration. Taking a pillion ocassionally is though.

2. Re: Anybody had a Honda VTR1000 or Triumph TT600??? 
    Banned
    When I was considering a VTR1000 going against it was fuel economy and tank range. Think the suspension got better after the initial release.

Getting into riding a twin after a il4 did take me a while though, it'll either work for you or not, only way is to try. I didn't end up with a honda though and got an aprilia falco

3. Re: Anybody had a Honda VTR1000 or Triumph TT600??? 
    Thanks I'm going to see a VTR1000f tomorrow

What did you find was the biggest difference with the twin - engine braking I'm guessing??

4. Re: Anybody had a Honda VTR1000 or Triumph TT600??? 
    I had a tt600 for 5 years, until this spring. Good bike for learning on and it transformed my riding. Was good until I outgrew it - it needs to be thrashed to get any real performance out of it so be warned.
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: Anybody had a Honda VTR1000 or Triumph TT600??? 
    Yep I think now having had a 1000cc and a 1200cc Bandit before that I'd get bored with a 600. Probably not my best idea....

6. Re: Anybody had a Honda VTR1000 or Triumph TT600??? 
    I went to the tt600 from a 1200 bandit, easily just as fun! Makes you less of a lazy rider relying on torque and better at using the gears
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

7. Re: Anybody had a Honda VTR1000 or Triumph TT600??? 
    try also the Buel - TL1000 - SP1 / 2 etc.

8. Re: Anybody had a Honda VTR1000 or Triumph TT600??? 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki
    Thanks I'm going to see a VTR1000f tomorrow

What did you find was the biggest difference with the twin - engine braking I'm guessing??
    Engine breaking, yes, also straight off a four cyl you find the rev limiter a lot when your going for it, not as much of a noticable powerband up top what you tend towrk with is 6-9k. My bike's not as wide with just a v twin in the frame.

9. Re: Anybody had a Honda VTR1000 or Triumph TT600??? 
    Platinum Member
    Did look at the Firestorms as I have a large history of Honda's as my weapon of choice...

18 litre tank on the early ones + 35mpg :

Just looks bland to be honest? Almost plastic? That left you with the SP1/2 which although an AWESOME bike would be deeply impractical/uncomfortable for pillions and also a thief magnet. >

That led me to the Doocat.

Comfortable around town & long distance, good pillion seat, easy to work on, good tank range, reliable (yes indeed. any Duke after 1993 will be just as good as the Jap stuff) OOOOOOOODLES of torques for overtaking & general thrapping around, an EPIC soundtrack and of course - THAT name...

More character than all the other Generic Plastic Missiles

Dead chuffed.

10. Re: Anybody had a Honda VTR1000 or Triumph TT600??? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    Did look at the Firestorms as I have a large history of Honda's as my weapon of choice...

18 litre tank on the early ones + 35mpg :

Just looks bland to be honest? Almost plastic? That left you with the SP1/2 which although an AWESOME bike would be deeply impractical/uncomfortable for pillions and also a thief magnet. >

That led me to the Doocat.

A 900SS - comfortable around town & long distance, good pillion seat, easy to work on, good tank range, reliable (yes indeed. any Duke after 1993 will be just as good as the Jap stuff) OOOOOOOODLES of torques for pillions, overtaking & general thrapping around, an EPIC soundtrack and of course - THAT name...

More character than all the other Generic Plastic Missiles

Dead chuffed.