Notices

Thread: Helmets in cinemas.

1. Helmets in cinemas. 
    Diamond Member
    I recently read an article about a cinema chain refusing helmets into the auditothingy, and was wondering if this is news to any of you? As I've been asked to leave my helmet in reception since I can remember.

2. Re: Helmets in cinemas. 

Not heard that one before chick but J and I were refused entry to a supermarket in France this year. ;D ;D ;D

We were doing a beer run after the moto gp and the security guard said we were not allowed to take our helmets in because they sell 'similar' ones in store! LMFAO IN A SUPERMARKET - I DON'T THINK SO!!! :-?

Needless to say we refused to leave them and one of us sat outside with the bikes and lids!! The Irish guys who were at our hotel were also refused but I think they were a little more verbal about it! ;D ;D

Roxy x

3. Re: Helmets in cinemas. 
    Platinum Member
    Right, a whole bunch of us need to book a screen full and all turn up with lids on. ;D
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

4. Re: Helmets in cinemas. 
    I guess it might be because of the helmet cams you can get these days being really small... piracy crime blah blah blah and all that.

5. Re: Helmets in cinemas. 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roxychick
    Not heard that one before chick but J and I were refused entry to a supermarket in France this year. ;D ;D ;D

We were doing a beer run after the moto gp and the security guard said we were not allowed to take our helmets in because they sell 'similar' ones in store! LMFAO IN A SUPERMARKET - I DON'T THINK SO!!! :-?

Needless to say we refused to leave them and one of us sat outside with the bikes and lids!! The Irish guys who were at our hotel were also refused but I think they were a little more verbal about it! ;D ;D

Roxy x
    WOW, a supermarket! We get such bad press, I guess they all assume we're only there to steal something.

6. Re: Helmets in cinemas. 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor86
    I guess it might be because of the helmet cams you can get these days being really small... piracy crime blah blah blah and all that.

I thought that too, but the thing is, if you can fit it in your helmet, you can fit it in your handbag.

7. Re: Helmets in cinemas. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia
    [quote author=Taylor86 link=1311312776/3#3 date=1311508560]I guess it might be because of the helmet cams you can get these days being really small... piracy crime blah blah blah and all that.

I thought that too, but the thing is, if you can fit it in your helmet, you can fit it in your handbag.[/quote]

I have a very nice camera for my handbag!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

8. Re: Helmets in cinemas. 
    I've been asked to leave a Barclays branch after I walked in and queued up with my helmet on.

Oh and when filling up the bike, they wouldn't turn on the pump until I removed my helmet, blasted the "request" out over the intercom.

But never had any trouble in a cinema before although I have been asked to leave for "other" reason :-[

9. Re: Helmets in cinemas. 
    Quote Originally Posted by mcicy
    I've been asked to leave a Barclays branch after I walked in and queued up with my helmet on.

Oh and when filling up the bike, they wouldn't turn on the pump until I removed my helmet, blasted the "request" out over the intercom.

But never had any trouble in a cinema before although I have been asked to leave for "other" reason :-[
    I wonder if they do the same for people who's religion means they have to wear a hat or full face cover...

Maybe it's time to initiate the Church of the Bike, official headgear = bike helmet!!