Notices

Thread: They need to be banned!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Re: They need to be banned! 
    Some great discussion going on, I love Nooj's "two types" comments - utterly perfect!!

2. Re: They need to be banned! 
    What I can't fathom with these ridiculously slow drivers is the fact that they are so obviously going slow (by they way grand dad, do you have to take that blasted trip at 8.30 in the morning during the rush hour? doubt it) to save fuel and hence money..but they have always got some horrid little brand new or nearly new Korean or Eastern European built car which they have sold a perfectly good older car in order to buy. Now, working in accounts I know that it would take 10 years or so to recoup that saved fuel cost vs initial outlay on new car - keep the old Rover/Honda Astra or whatever and keep up to speed ! Rant over

As for poor driving standards, clutch cable snapped on my rover 25 tonight leaving it stranded in the outside lane of a set of traffic lights (by subway in Melksham, if it was in your way sorry, if you're one of the people I'm about to mention = muppet) I, along with my dog abandoned the car and left the hazzards on, the jaunty angle I'd left it in the road along with the fact it was EMPTY and had a tall traffic cone placed 1/5 - 2 cars behind it in the road I thought would be enough for others to come to the conclusion that is was both broken down and not going anywhere... Wrong. In the 15 mins it took Mike to mobilise the recovery effort 3 cars got around the cone and tucked themselves in behind my car much to the amusement of the more savvy drivers. 2 Drivers got behind and waited for my car to move away, 1 missing an entire change of lights. One of those little Mitsubishi lorries squeezed in behind, couldn't get out so mounted the concrete apron next to my car and drove around it and across in front of the traffic coming from Chippenham oblivious to the fact that a mere road cone would not stop/tip over his lorry if he just reversed. Sort of shook my faith in my fellow road users

3. Re: They need to be banned! 
    Diamond Member
    I use the 338 to go to Steve's, and, like you, get mighty annoyed about it and always have a good old moan when I get to camp.

4. Re: They need to be banned! 
    Platinum Member
    They were out in force today, all elderly I'm afraid to say. Got stuck behind a string of vehicles caused by one doddery old fool crawling along at 37 in a 60 limit on the A361. And another one was holding up HGV's on a long straight B road! If driving's that scary... don't do it!
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

5. Re: They need to be banned! 
    Banned
    Another vote for the 5 year test.
    Horses are designed to use grass not tarmac.
    Cyclists should use the empty pavements.
    Mothers should have a separate none accessible while driving compartment for their kids.
    Middle lane hoggers on the motorway really piss me off.

Anyone notice that the ones at the front of the chain usually have a Panama hat on the back shelf??

6. Re: They need to be banned! 
    Platinum Member
    I think we need a new party! The BBP, British Biker Party!