Shefford to Wantage is the best bit, but it's over far too soon. And some 'tard in the council has seen fit to declare it all a 50mph limit! Same with the B4494, stupid 50 limits have sprung up for no good reason that I can see reason whatsoever.

I did read somewhere that 50 limit roads don't need the same legal minimum maintenance as 60 limit roads, so once again it'll be to do with penny pinching rather than anyone's safety.

I don't mind people crawling along at 40, so long as they pull over occasionally and let the mile long queue of furious motorists they've been holding up for the last hour go past.

The 40MPH muppets seem to fall into two camps, there's the self righteous old rich twats that consider anything over 40 terrifyingly dangerous, so they will sit and make sure everyone else has to do the speed they've decided is safe, and they are always correct because they have more money than you, they have friends in the council and everbody else on the road is a dangerous idiot.

The other ones don't seem to have any particular age or social level in common, but always exhibit the same idiotic driving habits. They have two main buttons in their car; Start and Stop. They push Start and proceed at 40mph for their entire journey, regardless of road conditions, hazards, urban speed limits and safety. Once they reach their destination, they press the Stop button.

These people also have no idea of lane discipline and absolutely zero awareness of anything that's going on around them. They do have some other levers and buttons in their cars, but they're not important. Sometimes lights will come on and off but they don't know why. Other road users are always honking their horns and driving erratically around them, again they don't know why and therefore assume everybody else on the road is a dangerous idiot.