Quote Originally Posted by wiggy
Ithink its more there trying to save fuel rather than just being slow , near £8 a gallon i dont blame them , i know its anoying and ruins our fun , times are hard for everyone and saveing a few quid doing 10 mph less can make all the differance to someone.night or early mornings first light thats the time to wind the bike on no one about air,s normaly calm and you can ride like a nutter as plod is still asleep .
Might I suggest a bus?! getting past a bus is easy get past 400 cars held up by one driver who is oblivious to everything arround him is not!

But being serious somthing needs to be done about old people! They're a danger to everyone on the roads! Had 3 almost pull out on me on the Sunday ride, only stopping because I started flashing/honking and had a few others trundleing along at 40 drifting arround their lane because they could barely see over the steering wheel! Jaydee and me almost ran into the back of one because they suddenly realised they were turning off at the last minute and breaked so hard an F1 driver would have been proud of the stopping distance! They don't seem to be aware of anyone else on the road and half of them are blind, IMHO you should have to retake your test at 60 and then retake it every 5-10 years after that. My Grandma has had 3 accidents and about 4 speeding tickets in the last couple of years she is genuinely dangerous, she's had to go on a "speed awareness" but no eye test or hazard perception, she's over 80 for christ sake!