Notices

Thread: Motorcycle roadcraft

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Motorcycle roadcraft 
    Hiya all just orderd motorcycle road craft from amazon ,£5 deliverd lol anyway one i have read it, happy to lend it to you all to read .

2. Re: Motorcycle roadcraft 
    Platinum Member
    Cool cool let us know how it is

3. Re: Motorcycle roadcraft 
    Good book, highly recommended
    Nice idea to pass it round there Wiggy.. spread the love

4. Re: Motorcycle roadcraft 
    Platinum Member
    Wiggy - you might already know this, so apologies if you do, but if you want one-to-one coaching on the system described in Roadcraft at charity/volunteer prices, then both ROSPA and the IAM offer this.
    Price for the entire course and advanced test is between £160 - £200 based on an average of 8 rides of 3-4 hours (not all riding, lots of talking and tea stops included). Additional rides are £7-£10 and you get as many rides as you need.

5. Re: Motorcycle roadcraft 
    Many thanks for the info i will keep that in mind for later as i would like to do my advanced .

6. Re: Motorcycle roadcraft 
    Bindyboo
    I'm looking to do my advanced, so any advice gratefully received Stopped dropping it now, so that's a start ;D

7. Re: Motorcycle roadcraft 
    Platinum Member
    Motorcycle Roadcraft is a book every biker should read. The methods in it apply to any rider on any bike at any speed in any condition. Essential reading in fact.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

8. Re: Motorcycle roadcraft 
    If you could combine the approach taken in 'Motorcycle Roadcraft' with the handling skills in 'Twist of the Wrist II', you have the perfect combination to make an awesome rider. [smiley=happy.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

9. Re: Motorcycle roadcraft 
    Platinum Member
    I'm working on it. Looooooooong way to go yet though ;D
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

10. Re: Motorcycle roadcraft 
    Platinum Member
    I'm looking to do my advanced, so any advice gratefully received
    If you haven't already been on a Bikesafe then start there. It's free (in Wiltshire) and it's a really worthwhile day.

There are usually IAM volunteers there and sometimes ROSPA volunteers so you can chat to them, pick up some leaflets and I think the IAM still do a £15 cashback offer on the day.

If you still aren't sure then go along to one of their meetings/socials and talk to the people there.
    If you wanted to you can also go along to one of the IAM rides to see if you like what you see (please ask them first so they are expecting you). ROSPA don't unfortuantely allow guests on their rides but WABAM (wilts and bath IAM) do.
    You can do all of that free of charge before committing yourself.

However the best advice I can offer is DO IT.
    I have not yet met anyone who has actually done it who didn't feel it was worthwhile and good value for money.
    If you genuinely can't afford it, the IAM does offer sponsorship in cases of hardship and a couple of Wiltshire Bikers have been successful in getting this and most of the costs paid for. This is for genuine hardship cases and you do need to present a justification (they are a charity after all).