Notices

Thread: BMF Blue Riband Advanced Riding Course .. PASSED!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. BMF Blue Riband Advanced Riding Course .. PASSED! 
    As some of you who are on my friends list on Facebook, I've been doing my Motorcycle Instructors Course , delivering CBT and On Road Improver Training for the last 7 days. On the end of that I completed the 2 day, BMF Blue Riband Advanced Riders Course.

Huge thanks go out to Tony and Steve at Phoenix Motorcycle Training in Amesbury for a brilliant course. It's been a lot of hard work, long hours after a days training re-writing lesson plans to suit us as individuals , but lots of fun in the sun, a lot of laughs and 'innuendo bingo'

The first day was having the CBT taught to us by Tony, followed by splitting down into two groups of two teaching a full CBT , alternating between the lessons over 2 days so that by the time we got live students on the Thursday to Sunday, we had practiced and delivered a full CBT to each other, critiquing each others lessons and having instructor input.

4 full days from 8.30 to gone 6.30 some days and 8 happy students taught by the group of 4 of us (All serving forces at the moment , 3 of them due out soon ) add to that lots of sun and tanning going on, a really professional attitude from the bottom to the top and a really rewarding course.

I've learned so much more about my riding, the learning to become an instructor itself has improved my riding, making me more aware of what I do and monitoring others, add to that with the road riding you become so much more aware of dangers, hazards and obstacles as you are not only looking out for yourself , but also looking out and beyond your students safety bubble.

The Blue Riband highlighted my riding strengths and weaknesses and thankfully I adjusted 'MOST' of my weaknesses, but theres always room to learn and improve.

After my big spill in April this has been a brilliant course to do .

Anyone who hasn't done one of the many Advanced Riding Courses, I can highly recommend getting out and doing one . If you're looking at doing the BMF Blue Riband Course , definitely give Tony and Steve a shout at Phoenix Motorcycle Training in Amesbury, great instructors, brilliant feedback and a thoroughly enjoyable and worthwhile course.

Thanks again guys, I've had a brilliant , if not exhausting time !

2. Re: BMF Blue Riband Advanced Riding Course .. PASSED! 
    Well done Hizzy x
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

3. Re: BMF Blue Riband Advanced Riding Course .. PASSED! 
    Well done [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: BMF Blue Riband Advanced Riding Course .. PASSED! 
    Chatterbox
    8-)
    Everything else is shyte

5. Re: BMF Blue Riband Advanced Riding Course .. PASSED! 
    Aww well done chick [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    It's Lilac... not pink!

6. Re: BMF Blue Riband Advanced Riding Course .. PASSED! 
    Platinum Member
    Well done Lisa, good for you [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: BMF Blue Riband Advanced Riding Course .. PASSED! 
    congratulations

8. Re: BMF Blue Riband Advanced Riding Course .. PASSED! 
    Thanks guys, thats it all done 'First Aid in the Work Place ' course complete too, so IF I get a local school to take me on part time, I have that in the bag as well, always handy having trained first aiders on the scene if push comes to spill , so to speak !

It was odd doing first aid and not having to deal with casualties with gunshot wounds, mine blast injuries and 'Insert any battlefield injury' Apparently it doesn't happen unless you're riding a motorbike in Afghanistan , or certain parts of London and Manchester

I'm shattered now, back to the Army for a break

9. Re: BMF Blue Riband Advanced Riding Course .. PASSED! 
    Diamond Member
    Well done Lisa :-*

10. Re: BMF Blue Riband Advanced Riding Course .. PASSED! 
    8-) somat of a positeeev
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!