Notices

Thread: I don't get it?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. I don't get it? 
    Had a great day taking my Dad and Nephew to Calne yesterday, but what's the deal with the leather waistcoats? What purpose do they serve?

"I crashed my bike and my arms got ripped to shreds but there's not a mark on my body!"

It appears that the wearers are desperately trying to be branded "bikers".
    It's the same as all the nobheads who went to see TT 3d in their Isle of Man t-shirts. Yes we know you've been and that makes you even more of a biker than everyone else.

Does anyone just ride because they enjoy it anymore?

I'm sure there are quite a few of the leather waistcoat brigade on here and obviously you can wear what the hell you like, but next time you go out take another look in the mirror, you look more Frankie goes to hollywood than Frankie Chili.

2. Re: I don't get it? 
    got to agree with you ,i see no sense to them

3. Re: I don't get it? 
    Platinum Member
    A mite of mine's convinced they're all frustrated boy scouts. They all have the same uniform, they all have pretty meaningless ranks and they're all obsessed with collecting patches ;D

If you read Sonny Barger's autobiography a lot of it is explained and you can see how it would have made sense in that time and place. But over here, now, it's all just got a bit silly.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

4. Re: I don't get it? 
    Platinum Member
    I think mainly it's an image thing people on custom bikes with waist coats, the same as people on race bikes tend to wear bright colours. People on rat bikes dress in black.

To me this is a good thing with biking we all come from different walks of life ride different machines and use them for different reasons, then we all turn up for the same event and have a good day out.

5. Re: I don't get it? 
    i must say i do wear a waistcoat, i like the look same as you all wearing WB t'shirts and hoodies is it not??
    but the main reason i choose to wear one is surprisingly for the pockets when i'm walking round after taking my jacket off,

6. Re: I don't get it? 
    Platinum Member
    At the age of 46, I STILL can't get the grin off my face after going out for a ride.
    I dont care what I wear, as long as I am protected from being grated.

7. Re: I don't get it? 
    I ware them from time to time and my old cut off to had that since i was 16 ,like Taff said differnt walks of life , i not a 1 piece dayglo man nor would i buy a racerep ,prefer old skool iron myself just the way i like to roll , just because it dont suit you dont mean it wrong , i think your on the point of being out of order judging others for the way they choses to dress ,some of the race rep boys look like fecking power rangers and there matching crap , but thats the way they like to roll , thats there choice and i have enough respect to say fair play you crack on if you enjoy it .Times moved on perhaps theres no room for old skool bikers anymore if you all judge them ,for wot they ride how they look ,may not be 1960 , but i could be for them every time there ride there bike the way they want to .be happy ride free .

8. Re: I don't get it? 
    ;D ;D

Have always wondered about the wastecoats.... always thought is was to disuise the oil after having to repair the Harley....

But each to their own. Fair play to those who do wer the wastecoat.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

9. Re: I don't get it? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    ;D ;D

Have always wondered about the wastecoats.... always thought is was to disuise the oil after having to repair the Harley....

But each to their own. Fair play to those who do wer the wastecoat.
    Or they cant find an oil resistant jumper lol ;D

10. Re: I don't get it? 
    Theres 2 types of bikers, one ride their bike for the fun and enjoyment, the other see biking as a life style and live and breath bikes. the waistcoats are as you say an image thing but they do serve a purpose, for displaying club patches and pins.