Notices

Thread: help with 1 piece leathers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: help with 1 piece leathers 
    I bought my first leather jacket at George Whites - cost me less than 20 quid.

Never owned a one piece leather - can't se the point when seperate jacket and trousers are available

Have bought leather trousers of ebay a few times. Most never fitted to my liking - so I resold them and ended up making a profit..

When I finally got some - they were effectively free.. 8-)

2. Re: help with 1 piece leathers 
    Quote Originally Posted by abxv535
    I have got a leather jacket and another jacket with protection, just wanted to treat myself to a set of leathers so went at the weekend to George white to try some on, but staff wasn't very helpfull and just told me to try some... So i've tried a 42 that felt very tight on my chest but ok bottom( couldn't close zip) and tried a 44 that felt a bit big ass aerea ok chest so didn't buy any yet :-? ... If they're meant to feel tight will go back again on the weekend with more time and try a few to make sure i get size right. see if i can get into that 42... And on ebay people describe smaller than 44 for my build that's why i was getting a :-* bit confused in what size to go for :-[

Thanks for your help
    Were you standing up when the ass area felt big? Lie JD said, they need to be comfy in the 'bike' position. Stick them on again and do a few squats... if they feel ok when it feels like you're sitting on the floor then should be ok on the bike!

3. Re: help with 1 piece leathers 
    Quote Originally Posted by abxv535
    I was told they are £150 reduced from £399.99 due to being the last ones, they are frank Thomas ones? ?? Was told at the shop frank Thomas went bust so they won't be getting anymore ... That's the reason they're going for that price (they have 10ish left different sizes and colours) ... So i was told :

that's why i didn't want to get them of ebay, cheaper but don't know if they will fit and what condition it would be :-[ ;D

Will have another look at GW Sunday
    As long as they fit well, you won't go far wrong with Frank Thomas.

4. Re: help with 1 piece leathers 
    Have a look at these- they're still available as far as I know and he's more than prepared to haggle - a try-on can be arranged easily enough, from your description you don't sound a million miles away, size wise - right colours for a Kawa too... 8-)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: help with 1 piece leathers 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Have a look at these- they're still available as far as I know and he's more than prepared to haggle - a try-on can be arranged easily enough, from your description you don't sound a million miles away, size wise - right colours for a Kawa too... 8-)
    i very very nearly bought them, but after i did a bit of research on sizes found they would be slightly too big for me.

i was recently one piece shopping too and must say some of them felt uncomfortable until i sat in the 'riding/bike' position as thats the position theyre designed to be comfortable in.

i too went to GW and didnt really find them 'that' helpfull but they were understaffed and still helped out as much as they could

6. Re: help with 1 piece leathers 
    I dont know anything about 1 piece leathers , sizes,etc(I'm originally from portugal and not many people use any protection at all, just came back from holiday and saw loads of people riding big bike with only shorts,t-shirt...used to be one of them : ) being a proper newbie :-[ to get it right asked for advise to a member of staff, he looked at me said try some on and just walked away! having to ride everyday to work now, just want to be as safe i can be... now knowing what to look for will have another go at it this weekend... thanks for everyones advise

7. Re: help with 1 piece leathers 
    Finally got my new set of leathers (i'm size 44) thanks for everyone's help

8. Re: help with 1 piece leathers 
    leather is a great thing, if you ever find that its to tight for what ever reason you can buy leather stretch froma cobblers for shoes spray on inside and out if you can and wear. chemicals in the spray help the leather to stretch and once dry stay stretched. IT WILL NOT THIN THE LEATHER.
    MADE TO MEASURE.
    I use it on my leather carved seats I do