Notices

Thread: New Ducati's, 0% finance over 3 years... :o)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: New Ducati's, 0% finance over 3 years... :o) 
    I never had any breakdowns on my duke, very reliable; although did have a new ecu, they fitted a race one FOC to cure the very intermittent hiccup.

Had a few punctures tho... but that's not the bikes fault :

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

2. Re: New Ducati's, 0% finance over 3 years... :o) 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    [quote author=Nooj link=1315502600/19#19 date=1315512706]Pike's Peak rep Multistrada S please :-D

I'd walked round it twice before I noticed the drool soaking through my shirt and the tent in my trousers.
    Really?

I guess there's no accounting for taste![/quote]

Absolutely. And it would appear you have none if you don't get wood over this carbon clad trouser tingling trattore sexy dell'Italia
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

3. Re: New Ducati's, 0% finance over 3 years... :o) 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    Pike's Peak rep Multistrada S please :-D

Saw one down at Moto Rapido in Winchester. I'd walked round it twice before I noticed the drool soaking through my shirt and the tent in my trousers.

Test rode the Multistrada the other week. Has 4 engine mapping modes at the press of a button ..Enduro and Urban settings restrict engine to 100BHP but switch to Sport (or Touring) mode and BHP goes to 150 !! ... suspension settings electronically adjust them selves depending on engine mode you are in.
    Engine sounds great but I did find the gear change a bit clunky and the build quality didn't seem as good as my CB1000R.

It's a bit expensive too for the S or Touring spec bikes (nearly £15k .... would prefer to spend that on the new Skoda Fabia RSV .... 177 BHP with paddle gear change !!!!)

Oh! and talking about 3 years interest free credit .... BMW Motorrad dealers have that 0% deal on their S1000RR sports bike at the moment if anyone fancies one for £12k +)

4. Re: New Ducati's, 0% finance over 3 years... :o) 
    Platinum Member
    I am pretty sure the 0% is not on the multistrada (see post 1) - please correct me if I'm wrong as it's one of the bikes on my list (but probably too tall).

5. Re: New Ducati's, 0% finance over 3 years... :o) 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    Had a call from Riders today (was looking at getting a new Doocat before I got the 900SS), they are currently doing 0% finance for 3 years on all new Ducati (Monsters 696, 796, 1100 evo, 848, Streetfighter, Hypermotard, Diavel, 1198 etc...)

FYI....
    Would be the "etc" on here, lol

Cant see why they would exclude it from the offer?

6. Re: New Ducati's, 0% finance over 3 years... :o) 
    Platinum Member
    Looks like you might be right (yesterday I had riders Autumn 2011 newsletter announcing the new 12% finance deal for the multistrada but looks like that precedes this).
    Be aware though they have put up their prices 10%.
    I'm waiting for the Honda cross tourer to come out in the spring.

7. Re: New Ducati's, 0% finance over 3 years... :o) 
    Platinum Member
    Well having owned my Ducati 916 since 2008 i have had a few problems with her and all have been very silly electrical faults, touch wood, the mechanics of the bike are perfect. The electrical parts can be expensive and very time consuming to fault find. I service it and change the cam belts every 2years which cost's me about £130 in total.

But Ducati's do have a problem with the engine paint flaking off, i know of people who have had engine case's replaced under warranty because of this.

However having said that, everytime i swing my leg over her and start her up i get the biggest smile ever, riding her around chucking it into corners the acceleration, braking even tank slappers are the best fun to be had on a bike and i wont ever be parting with her. And anyone put of by ducati issues should just take one out for a ride and then see if your opinion has changed.

8. Re: New Ducati's, 0% finance over 3 years... :o) 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crewy
    Well having owned my Ducati 916 since 2008 i have had a few problems with her and all have been very silly electrical faults, touch wood, the mechanics of the bike are perfect. The electrical parts can be expensive and very time consuming to fault find. I service it and change the cam belts every 2years which cost's me about £130 in total.

But Ducati's do have a problem with the engine paint flaking off, i know of people who have had engine case's replaced under warranty because of this.

However having said that, everytime i swing my leg over her and start her up i get the biggest smile ever, riding her around chucking it into corners the acceleration, braking even tank slappers are the best fun to be had on a bike and i wont ever be parting with her. And anyone put of by ducati issues should just take one out for a ride and then see if your opinion has changed.
    Well said Crewy!

Dont knock it til you've tried it & all that.

9. Re: New Ducati's, 0% finance over 3 years... :o) 
    I had a 2004 Ducati, loved every minute of it for five years and would have had bought another with out a doubt if they had updated the ST4. It never broke down unlike my brand new Beemer !

848 is the nicest handling bike I have ever ridden.

In my opinion V twin is the best engine configuration !