Notices

Thread: A 4x4 and the spawn of satan!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: A 4x4 and the spawn of satan! 
    Diamond Member
    A few months ago I was passing the stationary traffic at the lights (making my way to the front as you do) at the end of the Warminster rd in Bath. As I approached the last but one vehicle, the female driver in the mondeo at the front spotted me in her mirror and pulled over to the right to block my access. Unfortunately for her, there was enough room for me to negotiate the gap safely and pull along the inside of her. This is not a manoeuvre I would consider in normal circumstances but, it was worth it to see her expression of anger. Perhaps the massive grin on my chops didn’t help. Lol. Get a bike if you don’t wanna sit in traffic.

2. Re: A 4x4 and the spawn of satan! 
    As a 40 mile per day commuter, I see a lot of very friendly drivers who pull over a bit to let me through as soon as they notice me (which isn't too hard as I wear a white helmet and full sleeved high vis jacket).

Get the odd mug who tries to block the way through... whenever I get the chance I stop right next to them and wave! Sometimes with the middle finger...

3. Re: A 4x4 and the spawn of satan! 
    Quote Originally Posted by evansdn
    As a 40 mile per day commuter, I see a lot of very friendly drivers who pull over a bit to let me through as soon as they notice me (which isn't too hard as I wear a white helmet and full sleeved high vis jacket).

Get the odd mug who tries to block the way through... whenever I get the chance I stop right next to them and wave! Sometimes with the middle finger...
    ;D ;D ;D

You are just all heart and kindness..... I find that waving at them that way helps too.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: A 4x4 and the spawn of satan! 
    Let's not generalise now...

Especially as I've owned several Range Rovers in the past... :-[
    One of the worst incidents I've had was a driver attempting to run me off the road, whilst I was trying to overtake him. Three business types in the car, stopped at traffic lights, pulls along side to air my displeasure, woman in the passenger seat says to my Mrs on the back, 'Oh, grow up'. If my Mrs had a knife on her, it would be sticking out of the side of her head. She wasn't best chuffed. Not often I see her get quite that angry... ;D
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk