Notices

Thread: Indicators faulty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Indicators faulty 
    Platinum Member
    Faulty relay would mean BOTH sides wouldnt work, one working side means its fine!

Unlikely both r/hand bulbs have failed - if one end had come unplugged then you would still have one working albeit flashing a lot faster?? Wouldnt hurt to check them tho, strange things happen when bikes get dropped...

I will run with what Jon is saying and go with feed problems, IE the switch - it canceling the other side when you push it across does not mean you have electricity feed to the new side

Do you have a Haynes or similar for said bike & can identify wires coming from the l/hand handlebar switch?

Swap the feed wires to the l/h and r/h indicators, that would tell you if you have a feed problem.

2. Re: Indicators faulty 
    you have not said what dammage was caused by the drop? sounds more like a brocken wire in the loom, is it the front or back that does not work? if it is both check the earth, if it is just one that is not working the other should flash fast, which would say a live fault or bulb. would not think it would be switch unless the switch was dammaged during drop, if swich is on the side that hit ground.

3. Re: Indicators faulty 
    If i remember rightly on the Thundercat 2002 i had the indicator switch is the same as my TDM.you push it left but it auto goes back to centre and to cancel the left indicator you press it in,same with right.You can however go straight from left to right but it returns to centre to press cancel. No Auto cancel you cancel it manually.

4. Re: Indicators faulty 
    Platinum Member
    i take it you checked they're plugged in? mine have a habit of unplugging themselves :/ which causes a similar problem