Notices

Thread: 25th sept demonstrations

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    Hmmm. A different perspective. Worth a read of the whole site.

http://www.righttoride.eu/?p=7567
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    Platinum Member
    Hmmm. A different perspective. Worth a read of the whole site.

http://www.righttoride.eu/?p=7567
    I have a lot of respect for Trevor Baird

3. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    seems a bit of chinese whispers beem going on

4. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossio
    seems a bit of chinese whispers beem going on
    Indeed. I've come to this conclusion. :-/
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

5. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    Platinum Member
    To me you have to look at the bigger picture.

Take hi-vis for example. Last year it became law to ride with a full sleeve hi-vis jacket on in Southern Ireland, the law is not yet enforced. They are planning to enforce the law next year. France is now planning to put this into law. How long before it rolls on to other countries and next becomes EU law?

Like a lot of stuff that becomes law these days they drip feed it bit by bit so it appears over time without too many people noticing, or as some people say introduced by the back door.

If no one stands up and questions what is going on all these policies will slowly come in over time.

Also Anti-tampering although not on the books now is on papers in the EU proposed for all bikes built after 2017.

I agree the link Jon sent is correct for today, but the info on the MAG site is correct for the future and the proposed legislation is already floating around on white papers. As I said earlier the politicians will just be drip feed through bits of law until our freedom has gone.

That’s why I am going on the Demo

6. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FJ_Biker
    To me you have to look at the bigger picture.

Take hi-vis for example. Last year it became law to ride with a full sleeve hi-vis jacket on in Southern Ireland, the law is not yet enforced. They are planning to enforce the law next year. France is now planning to put this into law. How long before it rolls on to other countries and next becomes EU law?

Like a lot of stuff that becomes law these days they drip feed it bit by bit so it appears over time without too many people noticing, or as some people say introduced by the back door.

If no one stands up and questions what is going on all these policies will slowly come in over time.

Also Anti-tampering although not on the books now is on papers in the EU proposed for all bikes built after 2017.

I agree the link Jon sent is correct for today, but the info on the MAG site is correct for the future and the proposed legislation is already floating around on white papers. As I said earlier the politicians will just be drip feed through bits of law until our freedom has gone.

That’s why I am going on the Demo
    +1

Im not in the habit of believing any politicians and/or most of the blah I read online - so will still be attending rain or shine.

7. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    I'm going along - this is something I must see...

A Harley doing 45mph - do they go that fast?

8. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    Diamond Member
    Jon, I typed in MAG and went on to their campaign section for info.

9. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    Platinum Member
    I would also like to point out to the doubters who read the right to ride link, just look at how the third driving licence was brought in and the effect it has had on biking with a lot less people now taking their test.

Basic summery of what happened
    FEMA and other European riders rights groups tried their best to get on comities and change the draft document and were not successful. Next thing they publish the finished document with a very very short appeal time, so short no one was able to do anything about it.

This is what we are up against and should pay attention to white papers in Europe.

We must keep biking as free as possible. I would hate future generations to not have the chance to have biking as a choice.

10. Re: 25th sept demonstrations