3. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    ohhh sorry blind as a bat

4. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteW4tcher
    ohhh sorry blind as a bat
    LOL no worries!

EVERYONE - this rideout matters.

There will be a LOT of riders up and down the country doing this, if brought in the new EU laws will mean - sooner or later:

No motorcycles over 7 years old allowed in towns & citys.

No race upgrades to be sold for road-going motorcycles

No modifications to be made to the motorcycle. Nope. Not ANY.

Compulsary headlights on at all times

Compulsary ABS brakes

Compulsary long-sleeve hi-viz to be worn at all times

Etc... all written by suits who have by the look of it never even sat on a motorcycle and would rather be driven around on their Bentley. This is all as you can see complete overkill and will affect every one of us.

The plot is to meet up and arrange a slow - but legal - 45-50mph ride as a group down the motorway, making ourselves seen, as per attached link.

Whos up for this? DONT turn around and say "oooo yeah but I've got the walk the dog that day" etc and moan in a years time when all this has been brought in...

5. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    Diamond Member
    Count me in 470four. I have to say that I'm gob smacked by the apparent lack of opposition to what in essence is a 6 inch nail in the biking coffin.

6. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    I don't believe that demonstrating will make a blind bit of difference to policies being discussed by the eu, so will be saving my fuel
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

7. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    I can see the point in this and I am behind everyone who wants to demonstrate but please could the pressure/guilt/forcefulness stop !!!
    Some people are unavailable for genuine reasons and there are others that really do not want to demonstate in this way...........we are all entitled to make our own choices in life and if a person decides they will not be demonstating then sobeit.
    Good luck to you all and I do hope the point is made and those in power listen.....but (and I dont mean to be negative) I have a feeling the powers that be could use the demonstations as an example of why such things need to be brought in....to stop people having easy access to motorbiking.

8. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    Diamond Member
    With the greatest respect James, it could be the case that the 'powers that be' are testing the waters to gauge opposition to these proposals which could be the thin end of a very thick wedge.

9. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    Could be, but I don't believe that. My personal view is that the eu won't bow to pressure from a load of bikers causing hassle for the authorities and other motorists by crowding the motorway and riding slowly down it. All it'll do is piss of non-bikers who ideally need to be on our side, not be pissed off by us
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

10. Re: 25th sept demonstrations 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    I can see the point in this and I am behind everyone who wants to demonstrate but please could the pressure/guilt/forcefulness stop !!!
    Some people are unavailable for genuine reasons and there are others that really do not want to demonstate in this way...........we are all entitled to make our own choices in life and if a person decides they will not be demonstating then sobeit.
    Good luck to you all and I do hope the point is made and those in power listen.....but (and I dont mean to be negative) I have a feeling the powers that be could use the demonstations as an example of why such things need to be brought in....to stop people having easy access to motorbiking.
    Tina, please allow me to clarify what I was trying to say as it was certainly not my intention to put anyone under any pressure to attend the forthcoming demo. I was referring to the nationwide (not WB) attitude of the biking community towards the proposals. Please accept my apologies for any misunderstanding.