Notices

Thread: a observation

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. a observation 
    i was coming back from shepton mallet yesterday. when a group of 7 bikes apeared behind me.

forgien dunno where from. they went past me and i caught them up again in traffic.

they all were over taking slower traffic. not ONCE did i see a life saver. now to me a life saver is something i do without thinking about it.

is this not part of training if different countries? or was it purley bad habbits of the riders ??

i learnt my lesson with life savers 4 years ago......i went to over take i checked my mirror................nothing.....moved out the next thing i know a bloke on a r1 is sat on my tail HARD on the brakes.

also some of the places they over took..........i wouldnt have even considered it.

anyway thats my little rant of the day

Dan

2. Re: a observation 
    Platinum Member
    They must be from Southern Europe and have God on their side

3. Re: a observation 
    I struggle to always do lifesavers when I should, especially if I'm confident of what's behind anyway.

Caught myself a little over-confident once or twice when I've started to switch lanes at the same time as doing my lifesaver, thinking I knew nothing was there, and having to pull out of the manoeuvre! (But hey, that's exactly what the lifesaver is for )

4. Re: a observation 
    Platinum Member
    Lifesavers prove their worth when riding with other bikes, when those damn motorcyclists come zooming up behind you from nowhere and sit in your blindspot...

5. Re: a observation 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    Lifesavers prove their worth when riding with other bikes, when those damn motorcyclists come zooming up behind you from nowhere and sit in your blindspot...
    Over 40mph I don't bother as the distance I travel while looking behind me is more dangerous IMO. I rely on knowing whats behind me at all times, not just when I want to make a move.

6. Re: a observation 
    Excuse me - I realise I may be a throwback to some distant time - and by chance still happening to be riding a motorbike - but what the hell is a lifesaver..?

7. Re: a observation 
    Diamond Member
    It's what we of a certain age used to call "looking over your right shoulder to see what's behind you"

8. Re: a observation 
    An.....AN observation! You can ride as dangerously as you like but don't ever use A before a word begining with a vowel.

9. Re: a observation 
    Quote Originally Posted by @bj
    Excuse me - I realise I may be a throwback to some distant time - and by chance still happening to be riding a motorbike - but what the hell is a lifesaver..?
    !!??

10. Re: a observation 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    An.....AN observation! You can ride as dangerously as you like but don't ever use A before a word begining with a vowel.

sorry for not paying attention at school?