Notices

Thread: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    Platinum Member
    Call em enough and throw legal crapola at them and they give in fairly quickly, works anywhere >_<

2. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    You get better customer service from Tesco :

(just my opinion)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    Platinum Member
    Its true i've lost all faith in GW rencently

4. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    Agree with you there BB.

Yes I'm not going to use GW for anything after this! There customer service is appalling! They will start to go down hill at some point! They have pretty much saturated the motorcycle market in the areas they have retail outlets... probably a good thing to!
    '12 NC700X

5. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    I've had exactly the same dealings with GW's-purchased a pair of Sidi's & within about a month the zip fastening snapped!
    They refused to replace & also said,like yourself, that they would have to be sent back to manufacturer for repair >

Because this was back in May & i wasn't happy to be without them for upto 2 weeks i've had to make do by using a length of wire to zip up each time.
    It was agreed that i'd return them later on in the year for repair...
    I insisted all details to be written in book before i left so they couldn't refuse responsibility 6 months down the line....

Good luck Ash...let us know how it goes
    Happiness is Labrador and Triumph shaped............

6. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    Platinum Member
    i've had to make do by using a length of wire to zip up each time
    A small keyring works great.

7. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mula
    I've had exactly the same dealings with GW's-purchased a pair of Sidi's & within about a month the zip fastening snapped!
    They refused to replace & also said,like yourself, that they would have to be sent back to manufacturer for repair >

Because this was back in May & i wasn't happy to be without them for upto 2 weeks i've had to make do by using a length of wire to zip up each time.
    It was agreed that i'd return them later on in the year for repair...
    I insisted all details to be written in book before i left so they couldn't refuse responsibility 6 months down the line....

Good luck Ash...let us know how it goes
    :O That is terrible!

I lost my winter gloves on the M5 today after my bag must of opened due to the wind on the zips and lost most of the contents so I now need new gloves and you guessed it, I'm not going to GW!! Muahaha! They don't deserve peoples money!

I'll let you know I'm going to call them tomorrow and go A.P.E especially after the day I have had (Bad Luck go away! I'm still smiling though!)
    ;D
    '12 NC700X

8. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    Platinum Member
    Hi Ash,
    My plan of action would be (as others have said):
    1. Ask to speak with the manager only.
    2. Quote 'Sales of goods act 1974' (plus amendments in the Nineties)
    Using the following phrase 'Goods not of merchantable quality at the time of sale'
    3. Your 'contract of sale' is between you and the supplier (not the manufacturer) - this is for the supplier to sort out between themselves and the manufacturer - after such a short period of use it is un-reasonable that the zip should have broken in normal use.

When you speak with the manager don't be aggressive - just put your points across clearly and forcefully.
    I hope that this is of help.
    This is how I would deal with it.

9. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    Hi Rabb,

Thanks I'll take all these comments on board and get a little pitch ready to enforce.

I think its disgusting though! Break after a month which in that time I've ridden 1870 miles in them. Not acceptable!

I'll write back when I have an answer tomorrow
    '12 NC700X

10. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    Heine Gericke have excellent customer service in my experience. Both Southampton and Bournemouth stores have been good or ive been lucky. Fowlers at Bristol have also been helpful but not as good as HG.

I know thats no help to you and I don't know where your nearest HG branch is.

I have two pairs of boots, one pair of HG ankle boots and a pair of alpinestars SMX both are at least 5 years old and have given me no problems (apart from the squeak) and would replace like for if needed.