Notices

Thread: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    Hi All,

I purchased a pair of Puma Hypersport 1000's from G Whites (11/08/2011) and when I got off the bike yesterday I noticed the Torsion bar had snapped :O

I've called the shop and they want to send them back to the supplier for assessment which leaves me a tad stuck as I won't have any boots!

Preferably I don't want to go and buy another pair so I wondered if someone had a pair of Size 7,8 lying around I could borrow for I would assume no longer than 2 weeks?

Thanks
    Ash ;D
    '12 NC700X

2. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    Platinum Member
    I would take them back to GWhites and swap them for another new pair!

3. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    That's what I just went to do but she said because I've only had them a month and they are 'A Quality boot' they must be sent back
    '12 NC700X

4. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    There answer does not comply with trading standerds law they must replace or offer a full refund , or store credit to the value of the item,if they still want to mess you about id report them to dpt fair trading .then buy some magnums.hope you get sorted soon .

5. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    Platinum Member
    I have a pair of size 7 (40) sidi vertigo boots that you could borrow. I'm in Chippenham.
    I am not certain they would fit you.

As others have said you should push back on the retailer and show them you know your rights. Quote the sales of goods act at them and don't let them fobb you off. Not having your boots will potentially prevent "life changing" injuries so I think that comes under the category of "significant inconvenience".

Under the Sale of Goods Act, the retailer must either repair or replace the goods 'within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience'.
    I'm happy to lend you mine as I have others pairs I can use, but you'd obviously need to collect and bring them back which is about 100 miles all in.
    Hopefully you'll get a better offer.

6. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Advrider
    That's what I just went to do but she said because I've only had them a month and they are 'A Quality boot' they must be sent back

They clearly are NOT because they have prematurely broke.

At this point I would have wanted to speak to the Manager etc?

Re: Ducatista's offer - may be cheaper and easier if you Paypaled her to cover postage & they got posted to you??

7. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    Thanks Guys, I'm going to phone again!

Ducatista - You're only 20 miles away from me so I'd probably just ride, I really appreciate your offer, I'll see what GW's say and I'll get back to you, its worth a try

Here it goes! I will be reading these posts while on the phone ;D
    '12 NC700X

8. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    Just Spoken to them... They said to call back Monday when the Supplier is open and they will see if they can find an alternative in the mean time...

The thing is I'll be fuming Monday because my job is "Procurement - Buying goods, returning them due to faults and hassling people to get what I want when I want, I'm a different relaxed guy on the weekends!" and when I'm in work I have so much self confidence that I will quote them everything on that bloody sales Act to get a result!

I think it is ridiculous! A boot lasting a month for £149.99 with an RRP of £249.99... You're having a laugh Puma!
    '12 NC700X

9. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    This isn't the first time they've tried this. They should be sending them back to the supplier themselves, and supplying you with replacements. Seems they expect you to do all the legwork. Cheeky twats if you ask me... >
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

10. Re: Can Anyone Help Me With A Pair Of Boots? 
    Really?

They send to bring them in so I assume they are sending them back but without any replacements which I wasn't happy about, I guess I'll have to wait until Monday and see what I outcome is then.

'12 NC700X