So 2 weeks ago after a fair amount of research i ordered a new chain a sprockets, The recommended chain for my bike is a 520 pitch but for all sorts of reason i won't go into it shouldn't have been!
So i ordered a 415 pitch chain/sprockets which is what should have been recommended in the first place, it was a special order and had to be made, hence the too week wait.
Earlier this week i preemptively took off my old chain/sprockets and while doing so managed to snap the split link! "No worries though i'll have my new one soon enough."
I carried on my merry way, today i got a shiny big box through so i grab my tools and go and get the rear wheel off my bike open up the box and fit the front sprocket, pull out the rear sprocket and ...
well can you see the problem?

How about now?

Yup you got it, the mounting points are WAYYYYY off, i've ordered the sprocket from a 05-09 RS instead of a 92-05 RS DAWWWW!

Ordered another of the right year this time!

Oh and just to mention that was smaller than i expected so have ordered a bigger one this time, would have had to slip the clutch for a couple of miles with one that small