Notices

Thread: Next review :) MT 03

1. Next review :) MT 03 
    whats the crack with the mt03! i really love the style and the seat on these bikes. and i dont mind single cylinder because they sound so amazing! iv been reading a few reviews and they all seem amazing apart from the top speed of 100. i dont think that bothers me one bit as of speeeeeeeeeed limits and such, but i do need overtaking power over 65 mph :/

2. Re: Next review :) MT 03 
    Find a 2nd hand one at a dealer and take it for a test ride - asking other people will only get their opinions which may be totally different to yours, and you'll be riding whatever you buy, not them... :
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

3. Re: Next review :) MT 03 
    Platinum Member
    I found the one I had on loan for a day quite good fun. It wasn't quite run in, so I didn't have the full rev range to play with, but it was fairly nippy considering.

Overtakes needed a bit more planning than on my old Fazer which it was replacing for a day as the MT-03 was down on power quite a bit, but there is definitely fun to be had on one. And of course it takes a good rider to make a small bike go fast so it will vastly improve your forward planning if you're used to a litre bike.

They do seem to be a bit vibey (being a single) the one I had shook it's number plate free somewhere between Andover and Newbury. I went back to look for it, but never found it ;D
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

4. Re: Next review :) MT 03 
    Great thumper!!! Get ready for those vibrations!!! Not fast, but looks great, sounds better and handles well.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

5. Re: Next review :) MT 03 
    There's currently one that Fowlers sound desperate to shift - they're happy for anyone to have a test ride on it and you can then buy one cheaper elsewhere if you like it.

6. Re: Next review :) MT 03 
    ima go to fowlers today to have a look

7. Re: Next review :) MT 03 
    I was looking for something a bit different and after trying and MT 03 for an hour was hooked. Had it a couple of months now, done about 500 miles, absolutely love it!
    Mainly used for short, quick blasts but have done a couple of 120 mile+ round trips. I've found myself getting on the MT when previously would have hopped in the car for errands, etc as so much easier to get out of the garage than my Gixer and I don't feel the need (possibly wrongly) to don full leathers. Also more fun (and way more comfy) at low speeds.
    Obviously not made for high speed or touring but plenty enough to maintain 70+ roads and pulls up to indicated 85-90 no problem so makes A road overtaking easy if you feel the need. Handles well but a bit less planted than a sportsbike and the rear shock is oh so bouncy! Front brakes superb, powerful yet loads of feel.
    Reminds me a lot of the LC's I used to hoon around on many years ago (obviously not engine characteristics!) enough power to be fun, decent handling but let's you know there are limits and enough comfort for a couple of hours at least.
    Hope to sort a trackday and a couple of days 'touring' on it before the end of the year, not the ideal bike for either but I'm betting it will turn out to be a laugh.
    If I could only have one bike the MT would be a contender

8. Re: Next review :) MT 03 
    Platinum Member
    The MT is a cracking little bike I ran one as a demo for about 3 months by choice. Around town its grat fun and on the twisties. Will take a bit of getting used to with th wide bars and single cylinder if your not used to riding them. It did get a bit battering on long runs but I added a small screen and took the edge off but then decided it looked better without so took it back off.

I changed the bike for the Diversion which was another cracking bike and then the Versys. All these bikes are similar price bracket and would suggest riding all as they all have their positives and negatives.
    If it was my money on the table I'd prob look more towards the versys or divvy - versys was a bit taller and stable and the divvy being a 4 cylinder had that bit more top end and lazier riding