Notices

Thread: PULSE ADRENALINE any good?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. PULSE ADRENALINE any good? 
    I have heard all sorts of things about Chinese bikes "****E!!" "avoid them like the plague" but i have seen a "PULSE ADRENALINE 125" for sale for £650, it has done 10.5k miles, full service history with tax and mot.. its in my price range but i was really hoping to get something like a honda cg125. It is worth it or should i wait?

Thanks for the advice lads.
    Dave.

2. Re: PULSE ADRENALINE any good? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Milliways
    Thanks for the advice lads.
    Dave.
    You've just made a fatal mistake ;D

3. Re: PULSE ADRENALINE any good? 
    I would provide an opinion, but it seems it's not wanted if it's only the lads who are going to get thanks :P

.....but as I'm nice, I'll tell you that you can find CG125s for the same amount of money - they'll be older and with more miles, but even so, much better put together and more reliable 8-)
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

4. Re: PULSE ADRENALINE any good? 
    In my opinion, you've already used the terms that best describe Chinese bikes..."****e".. and "avoid like the plague".
    They are shoddily made deathtraps, totally unreliable and no resale value at all .
    My bosses son had one, a kinroad samurai, it was only a year old and the bracket on the swing arm that holds the suspension sheared off, the suspension collapsed while he was riding it, thankfully he avoided injury.
    Buy a CG125, or similar Jap bike, as Nic says it might be a little older but it will be well put together, reliable and will hold it's resale value.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

5. Re: PULSE ADRENALINE any good? 
    Platinum Member
    Have a read Here

I will admit to looking at them on ebay as a replacement for the Lads scooter :-[

The adrenaline is distributed by the chinese motorcycle company through various outlets in the Uk
    These people being one

Southampton Premier Motorcycles Ltd
    42-46 Portsmouth Road
    Woolston
    Southampton
    Hampshire
    SO19 9AD

6. Re: PULSE ADRENALINE any good? 
    As a welder, I see too many Chinese bikes brought to where I work for repairs, the amount of engine mounts split or cracked, brackets sheared off, I've even had one bike brought in with the top yoke cracked in half!! I refuse to repair them... How the hell they passed health and safety checks to allow them to be sold in Europe, I do not know.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

7. Re: PULSE ADRENALINE any good? 
    Platinum Member
    Don't get me wrong Chris I can't say wether these particular ones are any good or not but I do know what you are saying about alot of them as i worked part time for a place in Southwick putting the darn things together out of the crates then taking em to Bristol to be checked by either the DVLA or VOSA in avonmouth

And like you say they only have to pass a very limited test to be given EU conformity :-?

8. Re: PULSE ADRENALINE any good? 
    My apologies to the Ladettes and thank you everyone for the advice!
    I will avoid them and get a cg125! I don't fancy the front wheel falling off when goin 60mph that would be the beginning of a VERY bad day :'(

9. Re: PULSE ADRENALINE any good? 
    I'd wait and get a CG125. Bomb proof bikes and if you do break it, spares are easy to get hold of.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: PULSE ADRENALINE any good? 
    My mate had a brand new pulse last year its now dead with 15.000 miles on the clock ,they look amazing but are ****e , motors are poor quality metals and the frames are paper thin .Please avoid and spend abit more and get jap .I have had a few cg,s over the years all have been reliable and never broken down even with neglect and abuse ,I am now true cg lover prolly one of the best bikes ever made.