Notices

Thread: Protecting my Bike

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Protecting my Bike 
    Platinum Member
    I can do one more tomorrow. I'd like to start at 9am, not to early for a Sunday, but should give me time to do three bikes before dark and get back home for a bit of relaxing in the evening.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

2. Re: Protecting my Bike 
    If we can get the triple there would that be ok?

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Protecting my Bike 
    Platinum Member
    Yes, no problem.

4. Re: Protecting my Bike 
    Be there as soon as I can get him organised! :

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: Protecting my Bike 
    Absolutly brilliant job on the Street Triple Nooj. Never seen it as clean since it came out the showroom 8-)

Now all I have to do is try and keep it that clean. I dropped it off at my mate who is going to MOT it for me and he was well impressed.
    With my bike I am complete.

6. Re: Protecting my Bike 
    Platinum Member
    Glad you're happy with it! It should be a lot easier to keep clean now, just give it a hose down with cold water to knock any salt and loose dirt off after a ride, if it gets especially dirty give it a go over with some cheap mild car shampoo (don't use Muc-Off or anything like that, it'll strip the ACF50 straight off again).

BB/Basil, I dropped the the monster's key through the letterbox before I left, rather than leaving it in the bike.

Now the complaint. This is the second time I've come out for Wiltshire Bikers and the second time I've had someone not turn up with no notice. I've done a round trip of 98 miles today, on a Sunday, to offer a service that's discounted by 25% exclusively to you guys. On top of that, Basil and previously Star have kindly taken time out to host me and offer you hospitality. I understand that stuff happens, bikes don't start, family emergencies catch you by surprise etc. but it's pretty poor not to even tell us that you're not going to turn up.

Unfortunately this now means I'm going to have to ask everyone else who wants their bike treating to pay an non-refundable deposit of £5 up front. When you turn up the £5 becomes part of your payment, if you don't turn up the £5 helps cover my travel costs. Sorry about that, but I'm not doing this for fun, I'm trying to make a living.

7. Re: Protecting my Bike 
    Thanks for the tips Nooj, I'll see if I can get BB to practice them! : ;D
    With my bike I am complete.

8. Re: Protecting my Bike 
    Ha! Fat chance! I don't know one end of a cleaning cloth from the other!

Does that mean you did the Monster instead of the no show?

BB

9. Re: Protecting my Bike 
    Nooj, you're due to do 3 bikes at mine next Sunday, will be chasing the 2 other bikes, to ensure they are here ready and waiting for you, how do you want the £5 deposit paid to you?
    It's Lilac... not pink!

10. Re: Protecting my Bike 
    Platinum Member
    If it can go through PayPal that will be fine. Send it to shinybikesyndrome@yahoo.co.uk, thanks for that.

I got the Monster properly clean, I got rid of as much of the oily gack that I could (99% of it) and it's currently drip drying which will make the proper drying much easier on Tuesday. They're a bugger to clean as you can see everything, but can only get to half of it easily, and no matter what you do there will always be some brown fins on the engine from baked on dirt. You have some paint flaking on the back of the gearbox, but they all do that eventually, it's come up nice though and should look really good once it's done! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]