Notices

Thread: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry87
    It's luck of the draw. We are all born into different social structures and classes. There will always be rich, always be poor. Life's a bitch. Get on with it.

Be happy and content with what you have. No one cares about you. No one will give you a happier life. So enjoy your short time on Earth.

As, for the petition, has it got to 100,000 yet?

Edit: Ah, I see it has 101,000 'signatures'.
    If getting on with it is your chosen path in life that’s your prerogative but it’s not mine. I always find it amusing when people assume that an individual, who challenges something they don’t believe in, is unhappy.

Women were not given the right to vote – they had to fight for it. Ordinary people led a struggle against the slave trade for decades before the government of the day abolished it. With respect, all the major milestones for the better throughout our history would never have come to fruition if our forefathers adopted a “Get on with it” attitude to life.

I am very happy and content in my personal life. What I am not happy about however, is the ever widening gap between the haves and the have-nots. For example: A young girl that I know recently attended her local dental practice for treatment, which consisted of two appointments of 45 minutes duration each. One hour and thirty minutes in the dentist’s chair cost her two weeks wages.
    > > >

2. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Glad I amused you. Do not get me wrong, I agree with what you say. I was merely stating the facts of this world, and that they must be accepted/'got on with'. Of course we need to stand up for what we believe in, and challenge when it is required.

3. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Platinum Member
    I've never understood why you have to pay so much for dentists? They should pay you! Such torture...

You cut yourself - it heals

You break a bone - it heals BETTER than new!

Why for the love of God dont TEETH heal themselves?? Why are you condemned to them eventually rotting in your mouth?

(Tsh.)

Agreed Ken, nothing will probably happen anytime soon in my lifetime but I can only hope for a better life for our children.