Notices

Thread: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosbie
    [quote author=Ducatista link=1317385148/4#4 date=1317394742]In these economic times, leisure is not a high priority when issues like defending the country are at stake.
    Ok a large portion will be signing the petition on the deciding factor it will reduced their running costs for their two 4X4's and sports car but what about those who operate haulage businesses, personal services ie taxis, buses, trains etc. If they are struggling to continue to operate due to rising fuel costs that cost is passed on to the tax payer in cost rises of final produce/service. So signing the petition will be of benefit to you whether you use a taxi, bus, train or buy food drink from supermarkets (one or which will apply to you) .

Tho as Snowy rightly says the bill will be footed elsewhere. Or prehaps it could be saved from elsewhere ie benefits/compensation/getting rid or jobs worths in government/local governemnt

Who knows [/quote]

+1

Cheaper fuel = cheaper transport = cheaper food and drink - winwin situation.

2. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    [quote author=Crosbie link=1317385148/7#7 date=1317397270][quote author=Ducatista link=1317385148/4#4 date=1317394742]In these economic times, leisure is not a high priority when issues like defending the country are at stake.
    Ok a large portion will be signing the petition on the deciding factor it will reduced their running costs for their two 4X4's and sports car but what about those who operate haulage businesses, personal services ie taxis, buses, trains etc. If they are struggling to continue to operate due to rising fuel costs that cost is passed on to the tax payer in cost rises of final produce/service. So signing the petition will be of benefit to you whether you use a taxi, bus, train or buy food drink from supermarkets (one or which will apply to you) .

Tho as Snowy rightly says the bill will be footed elsewhere. Or prehaps it could be saved from elsewhere ie benefits/compensation/getting rid or jobs worths in government/local governemnt

Who knows [/quote]

+1

Cheaper fuel = cheaper transport = cheaper food and drink - winwin situation.
    [/quote]

Or another possible scenario:

Cheaper fuel = cheaper transport = increased profits for haulage firms and Tesco = 30% basic rate tax, 40% VAT and a private NHS not available to you if you're over 50, smoke or don't take out an Insurance Policy for £200 per month.

3. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Platinum Member
    Im not asking for any moral high-ground here, just asking for 2 minutes of your time?
    Sorry, but some of us won't do it if we don't believe it's morally justified.

I think there are far greater priorities right now, like the deficit, national defence, NHS, cuts to services for the vulnerable/elderly to name just a few.
    If you can't afford it then don't have it.
    If you can't afford to get to work then you have to rethink your options.

4. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    Im not asking for any moral high-ground here, just asking for 2 minutes of your time?
    Sorry, but some of us won't do it if we don't believe it's morally justified.

I think there are far greater priorities right now, like the deficit, national defence, NHS, cuts to services for the vulnerable/elderly to name just a few.
    If you can't afford it then don't have it.
    If you can't afford to get to work then you have to rethink your options.
    Dont do it then, nobody is forcing you to.

I can afford it, wont be selling it any time this century & apparently now I have to get pregnant, have four kids & live off of benefits as comutting is beyond me.

I can recall not so long ago filling up a bike tank for £5. I filled the Ducati tank this morning and I still had room with £20 in there?? Not good. We as a country are getting screwed for fuel prices & all Im doing is asking people to put there names on an online petition?? Simples!

5. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    That's true, however, your post No.9 to SF seems to suggest something different?

6. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Diamond Member
    470four - I didn't mention anything about smoking - not really sure what you're on about.

Just because you put up a petition, it's a bit childish throwing your toys out the pram because not everyone agrees with you.

We are alll entitled to opinions. you seem to think everybody who disagrees with you is stupid or ignorant. There's a word for that - it's called arrogance!

7. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=470four link=1317385148/13#13 date=1317410096]
    That's true, however, your post No.9 to SF seems to suggest something different?
    [/quote]

I said "could have", not "should have" or "why didnt you?" :P

8. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    470four - I didn't mention anything about smoking - not really sure what you're on about.

Just because you put up a petition, it's a bit childish throwing your toys out the pram because not everyone agrees with you.

We are alll entitled to opinions. you seem to think everybody who disagrees with you is stupid or ignorant. There's a word for that - it's called arrogance!
    I never said you said anything about smoking??! My post pointed out that the lost tax could be made up from increased tax on cigarettes, I did not expect you to understand that. :P

I do not think everybody that disagrees with me is stupid at all? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

However - your prevoius posts on here have proved that yes - you-Squashed Fly - are indeed stupid/ignorant/all of the above, your little "lets nuke Afganistan!" thread proved all of that and many more.

9. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    [smiley=bath.gif]
    Bath time?

10. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltsdan
    [smiley=bath.gif]
    Bath time?
    ;D ;D