Notices

Thread: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Platinum Member
    http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/347

Please sign the e-petition and pass it on to your mates to join in. Once one hundred thousand signatures are reached, the government have to take it seriously. The required amount of signatures have almost been reached. Please do not leave this to others, it'll only take you a few minutes.

2. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    They have to raise it in parliament, they don't have to take it seriously...
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Diamond Member
    I would sign it if there was a parallel petition requesting the doubling of tax on fags and booze to make up the difference for the lost revenue...

Someone's got to pay for what we spend. Bet that makes me Mr Popular...... ;D ;D

4. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Diamond Member
    This has already been done soooo many times. Lost count of how many'e-petitions' I've seen.

Anything where you can go on from 10 different computers and have 10 different 'signatures' is never to going to be taken seriously. If you want change, block the fuel trucks again. Positive, peaceful action is the way to do it, not a meaningless e-form....!

5. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Platinum Member
    I think this is a total waste of time.
    In these economic times, leisure is not a high priority when issues like defending the country are at stake.
    If you can't afford your fuel bills then get a vehicle that's cheaper to run (bicycle?), ride more economically or don't travel as much i.e. cut your cloth to suit or get a 2nd job at Argos in the run up to Xmas.

If a fat middle-aged bird like me can cycle from Chippenham to Bath then most of you can get on yer bike (and yes I have been told that I have all the charm of Norman Tebbitt before).

6. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Platinum Member
    Im not asking for any moral high-ground here, just asking for 2 minutes of your time?

Hey, it may not get anything done at all but if no-one officailly complains then nothing will get done? Im not expecting the MP's to complain personally on their wage?

I do have a bicycle, its in my shed and staying there. I raced/rode Downhill mountainbikes for over 12 years with many a crash & graze, many big tracks in Switzerland, France, Wales etc... the last time I rode on public roads it scared the cr*p out of me.

Having bought said motorcycle it will need fuel in it to be used, I feel the price of said fuel is an issue close to our hearts - if you are happy with paying over seven pounds a gallon then fair doo's - Im NOT.

7. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Diamond Member
    Of course the price is close to our hearts as it directly affects us as motorcyclists and most of us have to live within a budget. But so does the British economy so if the tax is reduced from fuel, where exactly is the shortfall to be made up from? Increase the tax on something else, continue to cull our emergency services, stop funding the NHS, shoot the bankers?

8. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    In these economic times, leisure is not a high priority when issues like defending the country are at stake.
    Ok a large portion will be signing the petition on the deciding factor it will reduced their running costs for their two 4X4's and sports car but what about those who operate haulage businesses, personal services ie taxis, buses, trains etc. If they are struggling to continue to operate due to rising fuel costs that cost is passed on to the tax payer in cost rises of final produce/service. So signing the petition will be of benefit to you whether you use a taxi, bus, train or buy food drink from supermarkets (one or which will apply to you) .

Tho as Snowy rightly says the bill will be footed elsewhere. Or prehaps it could be saved from elsewhere ie benefits/compensation/getting rid or jobs worths in government/local governemnt

Who knows

9. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Diamond Member
    To be honest, I think we get a good deal on fuel considering what it has to go through to get to us. It should be taxed highly and Ducatista is right. If you can't afford it, switch to a cheaper to run vehicle.

The kick in the balls is how cheap the rest of the world seems to get it, but until they get the fact that emissions contribute to climate change, and tax their fuel accordingly, then we just have to set the moral example and stop complaining about it!

10. Re: Lower petrol & diesel prices e-petition 
    Platinum Member
    Squashed Fly - once again you have astounded us with your outright capacity to talk supreme b0llocks.

In the time it has taken you to write the above dirge you could have been filling out the petition?

Cheaper fuel - double the price of tobacco & cigarettes. Done.

I dont deny anybody the right to have a drink, but cigarettes etc are not good for you in anyway, shape or form & as such are not necessary, if people still feel they have to smoke then they can pay the price. I have to drive to get to work, THATS a necessity.