Notices

Thread: Autumnal riding

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    Anyone got a tip for a riding position in the wind? I was coming through melksham to Chippenham way and the wind was pretty bad

Thanks in advance

Maz
    Yes - don't get so close to the ar5e in front and lay off the curries and them dodgy kebabs
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

2. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    [quote author=Maz link=1317157996/15#15 date=1317324998]Anyone got a tip for a riding position in the wind? I was coming through melksham to Chippenham way and the wind was pretty bad

Thanks in advance

Maz
    Yes - don't get so close to the ar5e in front and lay off the curries and them dodgy kebabs [/quote]

;D

3. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    [quote author=Maz link=1317157996/15#15 date=1317324998]Anyone got a tip for a riding position in the wind? I was coming through melksham to Chippenham way and the wind was pretty bad

Thanks in advance

Maz
    Yes - don't get so close to the ar5e in front and lay off the curries and them dodgy kebabs [/quote]

;D ;D ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    Fresh tarmac. The road has been resurfaced between Trowbridge and B-o-A. I was told by a tarmacer that so the tarmac doesn't stick to the drain covers, they paint the covers with diesel! I've also found that it takes a few months before a new road surface offers a decent level of grip. There's a lot of oil substances involved in laying a new road. Unlike Pammy's T-shirt, it's worse when it's wet... :-?
    Thanks for the heads up on that Mark, really handy to know

5. Re: Autumnal riding 
    I think it's them Indians lol! I'll make sure I keep a bog roll in the fridge in case I **** myself out on a ride haha
    ;D ;D ;D

6. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Diamond Member
    Oh, I don't know, car drivers always say "sorry, mate, didn't see you" anyway. WInter, summer, early mornings, late evenings, we're almost invisible

7. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    Anyone got a tip for a riding position in the wind? I was coming through melksham to Chippenham way and the wind was pretty bad then had a lorry coming my way and I was on a slight lean to get round a corner and it did make the bike wobble....

Thanks in advance

Maz

I don't know bout tips, have always found it difficult, especially on the sv as it's naked. But I've come to enjoy wobbling, and the lorries gusts always make me giggle. No matter how many times it happens, it always catches me unaware..

8. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia
    [quote author=Maz link=1317157996/15#15 date=1317324998]Anyone got a tip for a riding position in the wind? I was coming through melksham to Chippenham way and the wind was pretty bad then had a lorry coming my way and I was on a slight lean to get round a corner and it did make the bike wobble....

Thanks in advance

Maz

I don't know bout tips, have always found it difficult, especially on the sv as it's naked. But I've come to enjoy wobbling, and the lorries gusts always make me giggle. No matter how many times it happens, it always catches me unaware..[/quote]

I just go for the 'learn where it might be windy, and watch out for them' method as it's less worrying when you're expecting it!

Things like appearing from beside lorries, gaps in hedges, bushes next to the road waving about etc
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...