Notices

Thread: Autumnal riding

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Quote Originally Posted by FJ_Biker
    I afraid to venture out now
    Don't panic!

Just take it a bit easy on the roads and watch out for the people who have even less chance of seeing you than normal 8-)
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

2. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Very good weather at the moment so mus'nt grumble, make the most of it 8-)

3. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    I don't want to teach anyone to suck eggs, but thought this might help a few of the newer riders.
    We've had a few nice sunny days and there are more on the way, but be aware that the sun is lower in the sky at this time of year. If it's behind you it makes it very hard for other road users to see you.
    So next time you're on your way back from the mall after playing Santa, returning from the homless shelter after dropping off your old jacket, or on your way to church to leave a huge donation.
    Just remember, if you are casting a shadow infront of you, other vehicles might not have seen you.
    I was taking pix for a magazine article last night and just happened to get this.....

Pity it was a bit blurred.. :-/

4. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Phwoar...your shadow is huge! ;D Great example. You can even see the glow on the road. Anyone coming around that bend would be temporarily blinded.

5. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Thanks! I didn't know this really good advice thank you!

My worst fear will be riding on leaves!

I've been out in the mornings and noticed the fog so have been extra carefull!

Xxx

6. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Anyone got a tip for a riding position in the wind? I was coming through melksham to Chippenham way and the wind was pretty bad then had a lorry coming my way and I was on a slight lean to get round a corner and it did make the bike wobble....

Thanks in advance

Maz

7. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Back in the 70's we would lay flat on the tank with left hand holding indicator and your feet on the rear pegs.

You may lok a bit stupid though... ;D

8. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    Anyone got a tip for a riding position in the wind? I was coming through melksham to Chippenham way and the wind was pretty bad then had a lorry coming my way and I was on a slight lean to get round a corner and it did make the bike wobble....

Thanks in advance

Maz
    Get a naked bike! Swapped my full fairing for half-fairings and its much less of a sail in sidewinds...

9. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SupeRDel
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1317157996/0#0 date=1317157996]I don't want to teach anyone to suck eggs, but thought this might help a few of the newer riders.
    We've had a few nice sunny days and there are more on the way, but be aware that the sun is lower in the sky at this time of year. If it's behind you it makes it very hard for other road users to see you.
    So next time you're on your way back from the mall after playing Santa, returning from the homless shelter after dropping off your old jacket, or on your way to church to leave a huge donation.
    Just remember, if you are casting a shadow infront of you, other vehicles might not have seen you.
    I was taking pix for a magazine article last night and just happened to get this.....

Pity it was a bit blurred.. :-/[/quote]

Clearly photoshopped, the shadow is of a cowboy on a horse. ;D

10. Re: Autumnal riding 
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    [quote author=Maz link=1317157996/15#15 date=1317324998]Anyone got a tip for a riding position in the wind? I was coming through melksham to Chippenham way and the wind was pretty bad then had a lorry coming my way and I was on a slight lean to get round a corner and it did make the bike wobble....

Thanks in advance

Maz
    Get a naked bike! Swapped my full fairing for half-fairings and its much less of a sail in sidewinds...
    [/quote]
    I'd rather quit riding! ;D