Notices

Thread: My Scooter and attempted thieving

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. My Scooter and attempted thieving 
    Hi all,

Sold my X9 250SL Piaggio Scooter on Ebay last night after last Monday when the guy who wanted it decided he didn't... It had been sat on the drive at this point for about 2-3 months.

Today a chap from South Yorkshire drove down to pick it up and happily I strolled out of the house... put the key in the ignition and could spin it round 720 degrees plus... Someone had tried to take the bike! Steering Lock and ignition is TOTALED!

Now I have another problem on my hands... I need to get rid of it, I don't have time to break it down and sell the parts nor do I want to, if the thieves had asked I would of happily given them the keys!

How can I get rid of it now? No one will want it! I'd ideally still like to get £100ish for it... SO ANNOYED!

Any help / advice?

Thanks
    Ash!
    '12 NC700X

2. Re: My Scooter and attempted thieving 
    Sean.C
    stick it back on ebay , someone will want it

3. Re: My Scooter and attempted thieving 
    Is it not worth replacing the lock? :-/

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: My Scooter and attempted thieving 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean.C
    stick it back on ebay , someone will want it
    Sorry to hear that Ash.
    If you can afford to replace the lock - do it, it shouldnt be too difficult or cost too much.
    Otherwise put it on E-bay with the defect mentioned.

5. Re: My Scooter and attempted thieving 
    Yeah I could replace the lock and steering but you'll looking at a fair amount... as they have broken the link between the handlebars and forks... My dad replaced this on his scooter years ago and it was so expensive... I sold the bike for £210.00 the lock and steering would cost double!

I'll pop it back on ebay and see what happens... if anything happens, felt sorry for the guy that come from South Yorkshire to Swindon!
    '12 NC700X

6. Re: My Scooter and attempted thieving 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Advrider
    Yeah I could replace the lock and steering but you'll looking at a fair amount... as they have broken the link between the handlebars and forks... My dad replaced this on his scooter years ago and it was so expensive... I sold the bike for £210.00 the lock and steering would cost double!

I'll pop it back on ebay and see what happens... if anything happens, felt sorry for the guy that come from South Yorkshire to Swindon!
    These tea leaves need to be taught a lesson!
    I think that popping it back on eBay is your only option.

I wish I could catch a thief at work - I would teach them some respect (If you know what I mean)

7. Re: My Scooter and attempted thieving 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabb
    [quote author=Advrider link=1318353360/4#4 date=1318358511]Yeah I could replace the lock and steering but you'll looking at a fair amount... as they have broken the link between the handlebars and forks... My dad replaced this on his scooter years ago and it was so expensive... I sold the bike for £210.00 the lock and steering would cost double!

These tea leaves need to be taught a lesson!
    I think that popping it back on eBay is your only option.

I wish I could catch a thief at work - I would teach them some respect (If you know what I mean)
    [/quote]
    I think I will...

Oh respect... I totally get what you are saying!
    '12 NC700X

8. Re: My Scooter and attempted thieving 
    Those bastards! i hate thieves! my dad always said (being a policeman) "if you have to steal to get what u want, you where never meant to have it!" personally i would leave the bike in the same place and wait with a baseball bat fitted with nails! >

9. Re: My Scooter and attempted thieving 
    Quote Originally Posted by Milliways
    Those bastards! i hate thieves! my dad always said (being a policeman) "if you have to steal to get what u want, you where never meant to have it!" personally i would leave the bike in the same place and wait with a baseball bat fitted with nails! >
    Never ever heard that quote before but I'll always remember that one! Oh I wish I had one... I think a shotgun would be better though Straight shot into the shins... feel the pain right there
    '12 NC700X

10. Re: My Scooter and attempted thieving 
    Was the guy who one is not still interested in it for a reduced price? Then you don't have to go through putting it on ebay again.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...