Notices

Thread: My first ride!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. My first ride! 
    Sorted my insurance out today, got some L plates and went off to collect my bike. Slightly apprehensive i set off from Bath followed by my wife and brother, a slight scare along the way (white van pulled out right in front of me!) but all went well and i really enjoyed myself. When i got home i didnt want to stop riding so i took a trip to Longleat and through the woods I was going about 25mph though the woods with my visor open and it was amazing! the smell of the forest and the wind in my face, you just dont get that in a car, cant wait to wake up tomorrow so i can go for another ride ;D

2. Re: My first ride! 
    Platinum Member
    Glad you enjoyed your ride - the freedom is amazing isn't it.

Yes, you do have to watch out for those vans though amongst other things.

Enjoy your new found freedom!
    (And regard all other road users as numptys)

3. Re: My first ride! 
    mind out for squirrles ;D

glad u like the feel

enjoy

4. Re: My first ride! 
    It's an amazing feeling isn't it! Welcome to the world of biking
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: My first ride! 
    Thanks guys Yeah it feels fantastic! i just need to get rid of one of my cars now as it wont get used!
    I saw a few bikers today and its pretty cool when they let onto me even though i got my L plates on I though to myself, maybe they where on wiltshire bikers?

6. Re: My first ride! 
    Platinum Member
    Welcome to the joy of 2 wheels! enjoy and assume everybody is going to pull out on you! most of them think about it and a majority do!

7. Re: My first ride! 
    Did you buy the city fly??
    I'm glad you discovered the absolute joy of riding a motorcycle. come on a rideout, 125's are welcome, I know, I was riding one on rideouts up until a few months ago,now discover the enjoyment of group riding, C'mon... I know you want to!!! lol ;D 8-)
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

8. Re: My first ride! 
    Just get out there and enjoy! Think of it as a game and the other road users are trying to 'tag' you all the time so you need to keep your wits about you! lol

Have fun 8-)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

9. Re: My first ride! 
    Quote Originally Posted by python
    Did you buy the city fly??
    I'm glad you discovered the absolute joy of riding a motorcycle. come on a rideout, 125's are welcome, I know, I was riding one on rideouts up until a few months ago,now discover the enjoyment of group riding, C'mon... I know you want to!!! lol ;D 8-)
    Yeah i did in the end I would love to come on a rideout! i have already done 113 miles today goin though the little b roads have had a blast! riding with others would be great! although i might find it hard to keep up as my top speed is about 65 with the wind behind me but 0-50mph is like lightning!

10. Re: My first ride! 
    Platinum Member
    You don't need to worry about keeping up mate not with the marker system specially on official rideouts [smiley=thumbsup.gif]