Notices

Thread: Pushing the bike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Pushing the bike 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    IIRC a tax disk must be located in front of the rider's seat on the nearside of the bike.
    Does it really? Mine is back by the rear wheel on my CBR....can't really see anywhere to put it further forward where it wouldn't be behind a body panel and totally invisible!

Does seem a tad harsh ticketing for no helmet when actually pushing a bike - it's hot work in the heat we've had lately!
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

2. Re: Pushing the bike 
    Thats very harsh > what a nobber

3. Re: Pushing the bike 
    Diamond Member
    Whilst it may be the letter of the law, such heavy-handed action is hardly conducive to good police community relations. [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

4. Re: Pushing the bike 
    Yup, friend of mine was done for the same thing back in the mid 80's >
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

5. Re: Pushing the bike 
    This plod muppet is wrong :--he would be better used as the doughnut runner imho ;D

Disc to face kerb---irrelevant front or rear

Helmets worn when riding a motorcycle

Have a nice day
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

6. Re: Pushing the bike 
    My dad got warned for this a few years back as he was pushing one of his home on a summers day he had his hat on the bars.

As to the tax disc, it has to be located on the nearside front of the bike. Same as a car.

Is heavy handed though...... >
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: Pushing the bike 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    My dad got warned for this a few years back as he was pushing one of his home on a summers day he had his hat on the bars.

As to the tax disc, it has to be located on the nearside front of the bike. Same as a car.

Is heavy handed though...... >
    Wrong Jon--show me the law that states this and about the helmet ?????

Pushed bikes many times and no plod has ever wasted my time/life wittering about wearing a helmet and when pulled over 'cough' no comment whatsoever about disc being on rear of bike.

I admit to being caught pushing my bike along a country lane cos it went ping and weren't taxed/insured but it was me scrambler and I was 14 ;D ;D ;D----bit unfortunate that cos was almost home
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

8. Re: Pushing the bike 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W

>
    This is also what our local constabulary told me when i used to race around on my dt50/125's, and i used to push my off roaders as a young teen up the road to get to our fields and one day they said i had to remove my spark plug other wise i was commiting an offence! My old man had a polite...ish word and strangely i never got told to take the spark plug out again

9. Re: Pushing the bike 
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    Wrong Jon--show me the law that states this and about the helmet ?????

Pushed bikes many times and no plod has ever wasted my time/life wittering about wearing a helmet and when pulled over 'cough' no comment whatsoever about disc being on rear of bike.

I admit to being caught pushing my bike along a country lane cos it went ping and weren't taxed/insured but it was me scrambler and I was 14 ;D ;D ;D----bit unfortunate that cos was almost home
    RTFM and let me know when you find it!

Passing on as given information. Have always used this and never got any stick.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: Pushing the bike 
    Platinum Member
    Right been doing some digging on this one and I came across this site HERE

In particular this exerpt maybe of use

Exhibition of vehicle and nil licences
    6.—(1) When a vehicle licence or nil licence has been delivered to the Secretary of State with an application for a replacement licence, no licence need be fixed to and exhibited on the vehicle to which the licence relates until the replacement licence is obtained.

(2) Except where paragraph (1) applies, the manner in which any vehicle licence or nil licence in force for a vehicle is to be fixed to and exhibited on the vehicle in accordance with the provisions of section 33(1) or (1A) of the 1994 Act, when it is used or kept on a public road, is that specified in the following provisions of this regulation.

(3) Each such licence shall be fixed to the vehicle in a holder sufficient to protect the licence from the weather to which it would otherwise be exposed.

(4) The licence shall be exhibited on the vehicle—

(a)in the case of an invalid vehicle, tricycle or bicycle, other than in a case specified in sub-paragraph (b) or (c) of this paragraph, on the near side of the vehicle;.
    (b)in the case of a bicycle drawing a side-car or to which a side-car is attached, on the near side of the handlebars of the bicycle or on the near side of the side-car;.
    (c)in the case of any vehicle fitted with a glass windscreen in front of the driver extending across the vehicle to its near side, on or adjacent to the near side of the windscreen;.
    (d)in the case of any other vehicle—.
    (i)if the vehicle is fitted with a driver’s cab containing a near side window, on that window; or.
    (ii)on the near side of the vehicle in front of the driver’s seat and not less than 760 mm and not more than 1.8 metres above the surface of the road..
    (5) In each case referred to in paragraph (4), the licence shall be so exhibited that all the particulars on the licence are clearly visible in daylight from the near side of the road.

.Previous: ProvisionNext: ProvisionBack to top
    Options/Help