Notices

Thread: Found a bike at last!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Found a bike at last! 
    I have found a bike at last and am viewing it tomorrow but being a novice : i'm not sure on wot to look for, as in rust or the chain? so any advice would be great! Also how much should i be looking to pay for it? Its a 2002 honda City fly 125, with 14k miles. Also any advice on that would be an awesome help!!

Thanks all.
    Hope to see on you the road soon!

2. Re: Found a bike at last! 
    The City Fly is a fantastic little bike, bit of a trailie,robust enough for a little light laning,but comfy and totally reliable for daily commuting.
    It's a Honda mate...... enough said. 8-) 8-) 8-)
    I'm glad you've gone away from buying that Chinese crap,
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

3. Re: Found a bike at last! 
    It's simple. You don't want rust but do want a chain.
    Hope that helps ;D Go on mcn, ride or bike websites. They will have a check list. There are hundreds out there so don't rush into it.

4. Re: Found a bike at last! 
    I just bought it! it was advertised at £995 but i managed to get it for £770.
    I all looks pretty good apart from 1 of the indicators had been glued on lol and a flat battery!... but it works and thats the main thing... the engine sounds good, no rattles or anything like that. i have the batt on charge now and now need to get some L plates and some insurance hehe

5. Re: Found a bike at last! 
    Nice bike mate, enjoy

6. Re: Found a bike at last! 
    Quote Originally Posted by wesrrw
    Nice bike mate, enjoy
    Thanks mate I am really looking forward to riding it though the forest where i work, i was once a devout car lover but i think i have been converted! I think after a year or so gettin used to a bike i will do my full license and get the bike of my dreams an R6 8-)

7. Re: Found a bike at last! 
    Yes, its addictive for sure, and its always good to have something to aim for as well

8. Re: Found a bike at last! 
    Platinum Member
    Ars6 ftw! Just be ready for a hauuuuuuuge hit to the wallet for insurance I got quoted 10000 quid (and yes that does have the right ammount of 0's!) For fully comp :/ just silly!

9. Re: Found a bike at last! 
    10k!!!! OMG I have a Lancia delta integrale Evoluzione and i got quoted 2k insurance when i bought it! i nearly had a heart attack, but 10k is an outrageous amount!! I am chuffed with the £150 a year insurance for my little 125 ;D

10. Re: Found a bike at last! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milliways
    10k!!!! OMG I have a Lancia delta integrale Evoluzione and i got quoted 2k insurance when i bought it! i nearly had a heart attack, but 10k is an outrageous amount!! I am chuffed with the £150 a year insurance for my little 125 ;D
    yh its good eh?
    That quote was with me being 19 though... so it'll be much less for you as you're not a "youth" who is inevitably going to go around everywhere as fast as humanly possible and crash into everything... or so i'm told...