Notices

Thread: How to persuade...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: How to persuade... 
    Some people aren't cut out for it. I've been in the same position as you and couldn't understand why girlfriends didn't get enthusiastic about doing the same sports as me.
    It always ended up the same way. I'd convince them that they were missing out and that it was easy/fun, they'd get scared, put off and never try it again.
    I was completely in the wrong.
    You shouldn't put pressure on her, imagine how you'd feel if she did it then something happened to her.
    It has to be her decision.

2. Re: How to persuade... 
    Diamond Member
    Get her along to the next free Able Training event [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: How to persuade... 
    change the scoor for a bike in middle of the night and pray she doesnt notice? ;D

4. Re: How to persuade... 
    Banned
    Get her one of those Honda DN-1's

The New ‘Twist-and Go’ Performance Cruiser

The remarkable new NSA 700A DN-01 takes to the avenues and winding roads of Europe with peerless performance and incomparable riding ease in a distinctly modern and sporty form that invites its riders to rediscover the profound joys of motorcycling on an all-new roadster—or ‘Ridester’—that offers wide appeal. The future calls, and the new Honda DN-01 answers with a totally new concept in motorcycle riding enjoyment.

:-?

5. Re: How to persuade... 
    Diamond Member
    Jon, I would love my wife to come on the back of my bike with me like she did when we were younger. She refuses point blank and I respect her decision and get on with it. I certainly wouldn’t put her under any pressure.

6. Re: How to persuade... 
    Get her a Gilera GP800, that'll do it!! Embaress a few geared bikes along the way!!
    Or a VFR 1200F with a flappy paddle or full auto box!!!

Stu
    Anyone fancy a pint?

7. Re: How to persuade... 
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetHippo
    Get her a Gilera GP800, that'll do it!! Embaress a few geared bikes along the way!!

Stu
    Yes, I've seen a few autos, not bad at all, a damed sight better than the old Hondamatic!!!

Honda DN-01
    Aprillia Mana
    Gilera Ferro - I have to say that looks damed good!
    Yamaha FJR1200

Need to get her to do her test first.... not sure if you can ride the semi-autos on an automatic lisence though... :P
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: How to persuade... 
    Diamond Member
    why?....
    have you ever seen a 400 bergman go???.....not at all tame!!!...
    there are some good bits of kit out there quite cheap, let her have what she feels good on and she may want to ride it a bit more?

everyones a winner, she has a "capable" scoot, and you get to go out with her a bit more often?????.........

....hmmmm, now im having thoughts about a track-day twist and go....hmmmmmmm............

9. Re: How to persuade... 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    [quote author=StreetHippo link=1318846913/15#15 date=1318947139]Get her a Gilera GP800, that'll do it!! Embaress a few geared bikes along the way!!

Stu
    Yes, I've seen a few autos, not bad at all, a damed sight better than the old Hondamatic!!!

Honda DN-01
    Aprillia Mana
    Gilera Ferro - I have to say that looks damed good!
    Yamaha FJR1200

Need to get her to do her test first.... not sure if you can ride the semi-autos on an automatic lisence though... :P[/quote]

Forget the FJR1200 - only real men like Hunar can ride those ;D There is an FJR1300 with a missing clutch lever though.....

10. Re: How to persuade... 
    I'm with Beamer on this one - leave her alone and let her do what she want's to 8-)

Mind you, those Bergmans don't half shift! :P

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”