Notices

Thread: just want to say thanks!

1. just want to say thanks! 
    Platinum Member
    Just want to say a big thank you to whatever dickhead knocked my bike over in tesco car park and didn't bother to either leave a note or get an announcment made for me, to, at the very least, apologize.

Damage is minimal, luckily id not sorted out new decals for it yet so I can just respray the damaged panel and replace the indicator...

Thank you once again to whoever it was!

2. Re: just want to say thanks! 
    Sorry to hear that mate

How big was the Tescos? Some have carpark cameras and ANPR.

might be worth asking?

3. Re: just want to say thanks! 
    Platinum Member
    Its a big tesco but for the 20-30 quid it'll cost me to sort it I really can't be bothered tbh. It wouldn't be worth the hassle. Also it can't have been a car that did it was I was parked up in a bike parking bay which is bollarded off, so I think it must have been either another bike who did it then rode off or sombody walking past...

4. Re: just want to say thanks! 
    kids pissing about? >

5. Re: just want to say thanks! 
    I knew it would be one of those thank yous ;D
    It's always worried me how amazingly easy it is to knock a bike over and cause damage. I think I read somewhere, if you see who did it, you can legally kill/curb stomp them? Maybe that's just in America.

6. Re: just want to say thanks! 
    Hey George,
    Sorry to hear about the bike and damage. Hope it is not too costly to rectify.

Just a thought, if you had something a bit more grown up ;D and heavier like a busa then the perpetrator would probably still be pinned under the bike ;D That is if s/he manged to get it off the stand in the first place ;D

Honestly, the amount of times you have pulled your bike apart and it put it back together again. I am pretty sure that very soon as soon as your bike sees you coming it is going to disassemble itself and just lay on the ground ;D

7. Re: just want to say thanks! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis_Sinanan
    Honestly, the amount of times you have pulled your bike apart and it put it back together again. I am pretty sure that very soon as soon as your bike sees you coming it is going to disassemble itself and just lay on the ground ;D
    hahaha i genuinely burst out laughing at that i shouldn't need to take anything but the fairing off to respray it and fit a new indicator and very soon i'll be done playing with it and be able to ride it a bit more :]

8. Re: just want to say thanks! 
    If it's the one in Salisbury I don't use the bike park. I always park it under cover, out of the way and in view of all the tills to the right of where the cash machines are.
    There are usually other bikes there as well.

9. Re: just want to say thanks! 
    Platinum Member
    Yh it is that one, won't be using the bike park again after this.

tbh i'm more annoyed that they didn't bother to apologize in any way... what the hell happened to common decency?!

10. Re: just want to say thanks! 
    Diamond Member
    That's crap >. Have thought about asking Tesco if they have CCTV footage ?