Notices

Thread: 400s?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: 400s?! 
    Diamond Member
    dont write off the idea of an RVF, deals are out there.
    my mate has one, he paid 1200 for it! it was VERY shabby, but panels are available from Tyga and i grafted a cagiva mito rear end on it (copy of a 916) and it looks the muts!.
    the FZR is ok, go for the SP model if you can.
    the fastest and most tunable is the ZXR.
    the hondas with gear driven cams sound nice but you cant skim the heads if you ever wanted to, theyre also a bit of a 'mare to get the carbs in and out being a V format.
    every GSXR4 ive ever known has had electrical problems.....

if it was me tho i think id spend a grand on a CBR4 (NC29) just for the looks....

2. Re: 400s?! 
    Platinum Member
    yh I've not written off the VFR I'm just not looking at it as a likely possibility as they're so much harder to get at the right price. If one comes up when I'm looking to buy one then ill look at it the same as any other.

3. Re: 400s?! 
    I had a VFR400 NC30 and I must say it was a fantastic bike, Fitted a M-max kit to disable the speed limiter (Jap imports are limited to 113mph). Knocked out the washer midway down the standard stainless end can and I had a full power 130mph bike that handled better than most bikes on the road.

The NC30's were officially imported into the UK for a few years, these were fitted with a oil cooler I believe but the imports were not. Only advantage with the RVF over the VFR was they had a 17in rear wheel compared to the 18in in the VFR, oh and they looked better some might say??

I wish I could afford another NC30 now. 400's are great fast, light good on fuel etc. What ever you get you'll love it George.
    Been riding longer than I can remember....But still enjoying it.

4. Re: 400s?! 
    The FZR is too fragile. You'll spend more time fixing it than riding it. ZXR is quick, but gutless below 8000rpm. The GSXR isn't much better. If it were my money, it would be a toss up between a VFR and a CBR. The Mrs had a VFR and it was ace. You can make people on bigger bikes look pretty stupid in the twisties. The CBR is a better everyday bike. Just as torquey, just as fast, nearly as sharp in the twisties, but a bit more comfy and forgiving on the road.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

5. Re: 400s?! 
    CBR400RR NC29, owed one for several years in mid 90's, great bike, did a few track days on it to.

6. Re: 400s?! 

7. Re: 400s?! 
    Platinum Member
    Gorgeous bike there razor. Must say I'm getting more and more tempted by the 400RR, solid engine, not too uncommon so parts are easy enough to get, enough about to be pretty cheap, and great looks too... hmmmmm

8. Re: 400s?! 
    Love the sound of the vfr400, totally diferent from the rest of the bunch.