Notices

Thread: Youth of today

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Youth of today 
    I thought of getting a scooter for the MT-01. I'm sure it would be cheaper than getting a new starter motor from Yamaha. ;D

2. Re: Youth of today 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    I thought of getting a scooter for the MT-01. I'm sure it would be cheaper than getting a new starter motor from Yamaha. ;D
    Buy yourself a Honda C90. There is a club where loads turn up for weekend party rallies.

Some of you may laugh at the antics of the scooter riders but back in the mid 70's the biking market in Britain exploded when the Sports mopeds scene happened. Every 16 year old had a moped - and we did exactly the same sort of thing as you see the youngsters do today...

3. Re: Youth of today 
    I know! I swear they watch moto GP and copy lol! ;D

4. Re: Youth of today 
    We all jest about those pesky scooter riders!! ;D
    BUT.......
    The law states that a 16 year old cannot ride a scooter with a top speed in excess of 50 kph (32mph)
    Must not be modified, must not be more than 49cc.

IMHO ... most of these scooters these youngsters ride have been heavily modified... most have after market exhausts.. most (allegedly!!) have 70cc kits fitted,
    If you are unlucky enough to be involved in an accident with one of these pesky kids... beware... as friend of mine will testify... the insurance companies... most of these little darlings will insure their peds as "unrestricted" or "standard" because of the hefty premiums incurred if they're modified... the investigators (who are not stupid, ) will thoroughly check out the ped in question for conformity and modifications...in most cases they're modified so their insurance is invalid... hence no payout.
    BUGGER!!!
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

5. Re: Youth of today 
    Diamond Member
    When I were a lad, young and stupid of course, my mate would tow me on my home made go-cart on his yammy fizzy and it felt like we were doing a ton when those front pram wheels hit a pothole. 8-)

We would hold go-cart towing championships. The yooth of today are going soft. :P

6. Re: Youth of today 
    Back in the 70's I can remember a lad in Chippenham who rode his moped using a plastic football as a crash helmet.

He cut the shape using a stanley knife...

7. Re: Youth of today 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    Moto X styleee... 8-)

Twat... ;D
    Broken leg stylee...... innit!

To55er!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: Youth of today 
    Quote Originally Posted by SupeRDel
    [quote author=Kevinb link=1319219163/10#10 date=1319295632]I thought of getting a scooter for the MT-01. I'm sure it would be cheaper than getting a new starter motor from Yamaha. ;D
    Buy yourself a Honda C90. There is a club where loads turn up for weekend party rallies.

Some of you may laugh at the antics of the scooter riders but back in the mid 70's the biking market in Britain exploded when the Sports mopeds scene happened. Every 16 year old had a moped - and we did exactly the same sort of thing as you see the youngsters do today... [/quote]

So right, we all have to start somewhere so let's cut the 'ped boys and girls some slack.

back in the day mine was an AP50 'Sports' moped, looking back not proud of all (any!) of the antics I got up to but certainly turned me onto biking and led me onto my next 40 odd bikes and counting.

9. Re: Youth of today 
    I recall me and mates doing many of those things and worse back in 1980/1 on my AP50

10. Re: Youth of today 
    Diamond Member
    If all the current older generation were so well behaved when they were younger, who was causing all the havoc? :P

It wasn't me ma lord. lol ;D

I did get arrested for shouting abuse at Mrs T when she came to open the new Maldon council offices. Don't think the two coppers thought much of her either cos they made me loads of drinks and let me go without charge. 8-)