Notices

Thread: Insurance - huge drop!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Insurance - huge drop! 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    on top of a hugger I can't recommend R&G's Shock Tube highly enough. Just a simple neoprene tube that fits around the shock, waterproof and washable - stops anything getting anywhere near the shock! Think I paid about £23 online
    Nooj also sells them, mine came from him!

2. Re: Insurance - huge drop! 
    Banned
    Nice, cheaper than replacing it from ebay with another s/h unit with unknown condition.

I'm going to have a go at fork seal change soon on mine, haven't done an usd fork before, I might end up wishing I'd sent them off. I have a s/h shock sitting around from the bay, though I think i'll put it in and try it before getting it serviced in case it's ok for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    [quote author=njl link=1318421385/6#6 date=1318432225]Let me know how that shock overhaul goes, I might get one done over winter and don't have any experience of firms doing them
    Nick - fantastic service. The shock has come back looking brand new, and has completely changed the bike. The company were great and they have set it up for me provisionally based on my height, weight and riding style. Not as good as taking to someone in person, but close enough until I can do that as well.

All in, including full service & re-gas, VAT, spring blast & powdercoat and delivery back, it came to £172.

Now to find a hugger so it doesn't end up back the same way again....[/quote]

3. Re: Insurance - huge drop! 
    Thats a really good saving there mate, i don't want to burst yer bubble, but bike insurance isn't included in the toy giveaway, ****e i know, just car, pet and home only.

4. Re: Insurance - huge drop! 
    Diamond Member
    Just tracked my meerkat online, and he's in calais on his way. Seems you do get it for bike insurance!

5. Re: Insurance - huge drop! 
    cool, must have changed since it was in the press last week, nice one , will have to give it a go myself

6. Re: Insurance - huge drop! 
    Diamond Member
    I'll be gutted now if it doesn't! lol

7. Re: Insurance - huge drop! 
    Diamond Member
    Nick, this is a pic of it now. You saw how knackered it looked at Combe!