Notices

Thread: what to buy next advice??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by zachl
    afternoon people.

im thinking of a 600. im about 5ft11 and slim, i dont ride it like its stolen, its just a toy i like to relieve some stress on and enjoy the weather. i do like to have a bit of pace there mind..

i'm currently thinking of a k6 gsxr 600 or maybe a cbr 600 rr, i love the look of the gsxr and although too much for my needs really i think its a good bike.

thanks
    Zachl,

I found the GSXR incredibily uncomfortably, I'm 5ft11 too and 34 inch of leg so really struggled with my GSXR1000, I only put 4000 miles on it in 2 years because I hated getting on it. Not so much the wrists but the cramp in my legs . The GSXR is a 'RIDE IN' rather than a 'RIDE ON' like the CBR600 and the Fireblade.

Older Fireblades and the like are bigger bikes , wider with a bit longer wheel base so maybe easier to get on with, I had the 2001 Fireblade, the 929 and loved it, but got rid when I saw the shiny gsxr.

I've moved onto the Speed Triple (my 2nd having written one off) because it is very comfortable, it's a tall bike , I can put both feet flat on the floor , stand up and have next to no space between my bum and the seat, meaning it is brilliant for my leggy bod! It has a claimed 128bhp at the rear wheel, 55 down on the GSXR1000 but I find the power delivery more useable and it only gets uncomfy above 120mph depending on how bad the wind is.

Losing the fairing was a concern of mine and some days when it is really windy , yes I do miss it , but more and more people are going for the naked muscle bikes like the Speed Triple. I swear by mine , it looks different, it isn't everyones taste but we are all different in what we want from biking but the way the power is delivery is really nice , its great for pootling round town and you can really wind it up on the twisties .

Like has been said countless times before, go out and try something different , make sure you test ride first tho, I never test rode the GSXR1000 and regretted it , lovely looking bikes don't always make great bikes to ride especially if you're a tall bugger!

Happy hunting

Lis'

2. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    Come and see me at work. (Blade Swindon) Ride the 675 Daytona for a couple of hours if you fancy?

The ones we have are more than 4k but im sure i could hunt one down and it would give you a good run on a triple 675!!

Mike

3. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    Ron Haslam used CBR600rr's and I found then small once sat on. (I'm only 5'7&quot I found the GSXR much more comfortable.

Personally I'd look at an older CBR or a prehaps even a speed four Triumph.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    Loads of info there cheers lis'. Always good to hear other people experiences.

I will give you a shout mike definitely, would be nice to get on one and see how it rides

5. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    anyone ridden a z750/z1000?

went to the george whites sale today to have a look around and went into triumph, really liked the idea of the street triple until i saw it in person, really not keen on that look,

quite like the daytona's tho so may get a ride on one of those

6. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    Mate of mines around the same size as you describe and had a gsxr 7fiddy, i had a ride on it plenty of times and despite being larger frame found the bike to be very accommodating, good power delivery, light as well.

7. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    My FZ1 is brill, except no fairing. I'd go for the faired version. Z750/1000 is same as mine, so no good on long journeys. If you want smaller capacity, FZ8? Or for less sponduliks, Yamaha Thundercat. Cheap, comfortable, big fairing, reliable, ecomonical, good for pillions, what more do you want? And there's one in Phoenix with bugger all miles on it...
    I wouldn't even consider touring on a GSXR of any kind. That's not to say they're not fantastic bikes, just not a tourer...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

8. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    cheers will have a look at them

anyone ridden a daytona?

like this one.........less the union jack

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ge/4?logcode=p

9. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    See if you can have a test ride on a MK1 CBF 1000. I'd put it in the category as a sports tourer. If you can find one with full luggage, then all the better. Not the blingest of bikes but rock solid with the detuned fireblade engine. Nice upright position and sat behind a screen. It's the best bike I've ever owned.