Quote Originally Posted by zachl
afternoon people.

im thinking of a 600. im about 5ft11 and slim, i dont ride it like its stolen, its just a toy i like to relieve some stress on and enjoy the weather. i do like to have a bit of pace there mind..

i'm currently thinking of a k6 gsxr 600 or maybe a cbr 600 rr, i love the look of the gsxr and although too much for my needs really i think its a good bike.

thanks
Zachl,

I found the GSXR incredibily uncomfortably, I'm 5ft11 too and 34 inch of leg so really struggled with my GSXR1000, I only put 4000 miles on it in 2 years because I hated getting on it. Not so much the wrists but the cramp in my legs . The GSXR is a 'RIDE IN' rather than a 'RIDE ON' like the CBR600 and the Fireblade.

Older Fireblades and the like are bigger bikes , wider with a bit longer wheel base so maybe easier to get on with, I had the 2001 Fireblade, the 929 and loved it, but got rid when I saw the shiny gsxr.

I've moved onto the Speed Triple (my 2nd having written one off) because it is very comfortable, it's a tall bike , I can put both feet flat on the floor , stand up and have next to no space between my bum and the seat, meaning it is brilliant for my leggy bod! It has a claimed 128bhp at the rear wheel, 55 down on the GSXR1000 but I find the power delivery more useable and it only gets uncomfy above 120mph depending on how bad the wind is.

Losing the fairing was a concern of mine and some days when it is really windy , yes I do miss it , but more and more people are going for the naked muscle bikes like the Speed Triple. I swear by mine , it looks different, it isn't everyones taste but we are all different in what we want from biking but the way the power is delivery is really nice , its great for pootling round town and you can really wind it up on the twisties .

Like has been said countless times before, go out and try something different , make sure you test ride first tho, I never test rode the GSXR1000 and regretted it , lovely looking bikes don't always make great bikes to ride especially if you're a tall bugger!

Happy hunting

Lis'