Notices

Thread: what to buy next advice??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. what to buy next advice?? 
    afternoon people.

i have an 07 sv 650 sport that has sold and is being picked up on Tuesday and trying to decide what to have next is melting my brain....

i kinda want something that doesn't exist, well i don't think it does

my budget it up to about 4k maybe a bit over for the right bike. i want to move away from v-twin, its just not for me, i used to have a cbr 600 and did like the way that rode/sounded.

im thinking of a 600. im about 5ft11 and slim, i dont ride it like its stolen, its just a toy i like to relieve some stress on and enjoy the weather. i do like to have a bit of pace there mind..

i'm currently thinking of a k6 gsxr 600 or maybe a cbr 600 rr, i love the look of the gsxr and although too much for my needs really i think its a good bike.

my dilemma is that i know it will kill my wrists/back on longer journeys, and i would love to do a bit of traveling, Europe etc so i then started thinking of z1000's and suchlike, and then that i really dont think i could put up with being battered by the wind..

so i need your noggins to help me if you can, i want a racey looking bike but with a bit of comfort. ideally fairly new, withing the last 10 years at least.

thanks

2. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    im same height as u and slim.....i have a k6 gsxr-750.

and ive done some serious miles on it....personally i find the gsxr not that bad on the wrists (compared to kwakers) not ridden a cbr so cannot say.

+ being a 750 it has more midrange than a 600 so cruises easier (no gear box dancing lol)

i belive the gsxr 750 makes a good comprimise for a tourer ...obviously im bias ;D but thats my out look on the gsxr option for you.

put a double bubble screen on for extra wind protection.....

thats my 2 pence

3. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    Platinum Member
    Im thinking triples - Triumph?

Get a few test rides in, there is a Triumph dealership just around the corner from George Whites in Swindon

Good lowdown torque for touring etc, plus THAT triple sound!

Had the same dilemma - would LOVE a 916 but no pillion comfort, plus my wrists would be black within 30 miles... settled for a 900SS - raised bars, better peg position, proper seat etc...

Never rode one of the Triples but heard good things about them!

4. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    hadnt thought of a 750 mr watcher as assumed it would be heavier, but will have a look now?

and have had a few quick looks at the triumphs and tbh may go and have a look at some, i know NOTHING about them tho, a daytona had crossed my mind tho

5. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    hardly any weight differnece just more grunt ;D the extra 150cc gives more midrange and makes "touring" easier on the gear changes...the gear roll on is better so u dont waste ur time jumping down a gear when u just want to do a fast over take.

my bike only kills me when i ride it like its stolen....if i have a nice lesuirly ride its fine

6. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    Platinum Member
    if it were my money i'd go for a triumph street/speed triple you can get a lil screen for em that directs the wind above your head i believe... they do look a bit gimp though

7. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    a bit gimp? i think they look ugly as sin lol

8. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zachl
    a bit gimp? i think they look ugly as sin lol
    gimp.. asin weird and crappy xD and i'm only talkin about the screen not the whole bike xD i love the bike itself^^

9. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    Just get out there and test ride as many different styles as you can and see what feels right for you 8-)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

10. Re: what to buy next advice?? 
    Platinum Member
    Yeh as BB says - try before you buy!
    Ride as many as possible - and maybe buy in January when dealers / private buyers need the cash!