Notices

Thread: A decent set of winter gloves?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: A decent set of winter gloves? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by @bj
    [quote author=House link=1320060459/16#16 date=1320682958]I'm in the same boat here, went out yesterday evening and can only just feel my hands now. What are the heated gloves like in reality?
    Some years ago I used to commute Bristol/London regularly in the middle of winter - after testing various solutions including muffs, heated grips - only heated gloves actually delivered...

Muffs - good for round town - but not so good for the motorway - press on the levers at speed...

Heated grips - are just like the emporers new clothes - its the outside of your grip that gets cold - not the inside - don't go there.

Heated gloves with heating elements on the outside of your grip - will keep your hands happy even in frosty conditions for hour after hour... I highly reccomend...[/quote]

Agree with Oakley on this one. I have a Powerlet heated jacket liner and their heated gloves which are pretty much the same as the Gerbings offerings. Heated grips are great but in cold weather you still get cold on the outside of your hands. With heated gloves your fingers remain toasty all the time. With a heated jacket liner as well the whole of your upper body remains warm which helps maintain your core temperature which in turn helps keeping the rest of your body warm.

If you buy some make sure they fit snuggly with the gear you will wear - if they are too baggy you lose the heat.

2. Re: A decent set of winter gloves? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    One of the best winter gloves out there at the moment http://www.getgeared.co.uk/HELD_2944...p;category=139
    getgeared - haven't come across it before - but first impressions - looks quality - thanks. Gloves look neat as well...

Also - your avitar - can you post a link to the original - I just need to inspect the photographic quality...

3. Re: A decent set of winter gloves? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by @bj
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1320060459/17#17 date=1320687100]One of the best winter gloves out there at the moment http://www.getgeared.co.uk/HELD_2944...p;category=139
    getgeared - haven't come across it before - but first impressions - looks quality - thanks. Gloves look neat as well...

Also - your avitar - can you post a link to the original - I just need to inspect the photographic quality...
    [/quote]

Get Geared sell some great quality kit, there is a shop in Leatherhead as well. IIRC the returns are free also.

And yeah that is my bike, at the vineyard past Devizes

4. Re: A decent set of winter gloves? 
    cheers for quick response...!!!
    haha - notice how you say - thats my bike - as opposed to thats my bitch - can tell its photoshopped as the lighting conditions don't quite match up...

but not a criticisim - good effort...

5. Re: A decent set of winter gloves? 
    Platinum Member
    Muffs are great, get the Tucano ones with holes for the bar end weights to poke through and they won't press on the levers.

http://www.urbanrider.co.uk/brands/t...nd-weight.html

The Missus does a 140 mile commute four times a week with hers and they've never given her any trouble over the last two winters and she can wear her summer gloves all year round with heated grips as well. Unbeatable combination.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

6. Re: A decent set of winter gloves? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    [quote author=kdxgsxmt link=1320060459/11#11 date=1320097758][quote author=Jon_W link=1320060459/3#3 date=1320068128]Alplnestars.... The best I've ever had. Warm, waterproof and comfortable.

Em has Frank Thomas an she says the same about them.
    Thanks Jon, are yours the 365 or another alpinestars type?[/quote]

Will have a look.... they are old and well worn, I know that!!!![/quote]

Mine are Alpinestars "Jet Road" Gloves. As I say, old as the hills.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: A decent set of winter gloves? 
    For me, at any price range, so far I haven't found any better (warm / dry / fit) winter gloves than these cheapo spada's. My old (and 3x the price) AS 365's weren't as warm and sprang a leak.

http://www.thebikerstore.co.uk/produ...WP-Glove-.html

8. Re: A decent set of winter gloves? 
    Platinum Member
    I agree - gets some muffs James. I got some but not tried them yet

9. Re: A decent set of winter gloves? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappers
    For me, at any price range, so far I haven't found any better (warm / dry / fit) winter gloves than these cheapo spada's. My old (and 3x the price) AS 365's weren't as warm and sprang a leak.

http://www.thebikerstore.co.uk/produ...WP-Glove-.html
    Spada gloves are good. Have got a summer set. Very good quality.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: A decent set of winter gloves? 
    One place on ebay is selling off Spada Enforcer WP Gloves for 35 quid.