Quote Originally Posted by @bj
[quote author=House link=1320060459/16#16 date=1320682958]I'm in the same boat here, went out yesterday evening and can only just feel my hands now. What are the heated gloves like in reality?
Some years ago I used to commute Bristol/London regularly in the middle of winter - after testing various solutions including muffs, heated grips - only heated gloves actually delivered...

Muffs - good for round town - but not so good for the motorway - press on the levers at speed...

Heated grips - are just like the emporers new clothes - its the outside of your grip that gets cold - not the inside - don't go there.

Heated gloves with heating elements on the outside of your grip - will keep your hands happy even in frosty conditions for hour after hour... I highly reccomend...[/quote]

Agree with Oakley on this one. I have a Powerlet heated jacket liner and their heated gloves which are pretty much the same as the Gerbings offerings. Heated grips are great but in cold weather you still get cold on the outside of your hands. With heated gloves your fingers remain toasty all the time. With a heated jacket liner as well the whole of your upper body remains warm which helps maintain your core temperature which in turn helps keeping the rest of your body warm.

If you buy some make sure they fit snuggly with the gear you will wear - if they are too baggy you lose the heat.