Notices

Thread: NEC Bike Show

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: NEC Bike Show 
    Going up on the 27th, its the last day and they've called it mad Sunday, as the day is dedicated to road racing with the main riders present

2. Re: NEC Bike Show 
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    Do you need a special licence for a minibus? Does a car one cover you up til so-many people??
    If you have an older licence there is an entitlement for mini buses and up to 7.5t vehicles, which wont be present on newer licences.

3. Re: NEC Bike Show 
    Platinum Member
    I think somewhere about on this site we have our very own BUS driver

Haww! Haww! Haww! Eh Kev ??

4. Re: NEC Bike Show 
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    Do you need a special licence for a minibus? Does a car one cover you up til so-many people??

For a 7 seater minibus you can drive it on a cat B... your car license , for a 16 seater mnibus you need Catagory D1 ... limitations state not for hire or reward, so if you are just driving it for your mates or yourself you can drive it. Most old buggers have it as standard, most new drivers don't even get catagory E (trailers) automatically anymore ... DVLA making even more money off people

5. Re: NEC Bike Show 
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeTriple
    [quote author=470four link=1319220819/7#7 date=1319227999]Do you need a special licence for a minibus? Does a car one cover you up til so-many people??

For a 7 seater minibus you can drive it on a cat B... your car license , for a 16 seater mnibus you need Catagory D1 ... limitations state not for hire or reward, so if you are just driving it for your mates or yourself you can drive it. Most old buggers have it as standard, most new drivers don't even get catagory E (trailers) automatically anymore ... DVLA making even more money off people [/quote]

Im an old bugga hehe........found out all about the stupid rules with the D1 thing when trying to drive the minibus for our disabled residents...bloody stupid....even us with the D1 couldnt take the residents out 'cos they paid their mileage etc....bloody rubbish.

I am willing to drive the minibus if necessary ( i dont tend to drop minibuses at the same rate I drop bikes by the way hehehe)...Kev said he would too but he doesnt know his shifts yet......but we havent booked tickets....can you buy them on the day??

6. Re: NEC Bike Show 
    Diamond Member
    I've always bought them on the day in the past Tina but you had better check to be safe.

7. Re: NEC Bike Show 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wesrrw
    [quote author=470four link=1319220819/7#7 date=1319227999]Do you need a special licence for a minibus? Does a car one cover you up til so-many people??
    If you have an older licence there is an entitlement for mini buses and up to 7.5t vehicles, which wont be present on newer licences. [/quote]

I'm an old bugger - so I have this entitlement on my license (and I have used it on several occasions)

8. Re: NEC Bike Show 
    I've got D1 on my licence and depending on when you go I'd be happy to share the driving too Tina
    It's Lilac... not pink!

9. Re: NEC Bike Show 
    me and alex would be up for the mini bus and sharing the cost,think it would be a great idea,all going together.

10. Re: NEC Bike Show 
    Platinum Member
    Cool!

So

What day then? First Sunday would be good for me, Saturday even?

Cut & paste names below for the minibus please?

470four