Notices

Thread: gsxr 1100 slingshot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. gsxr 1100 slingshot 
    hi
    just wondered if any1 knew how much i should sell my gsxr 1100 slingshot 1991 m model for it has 48,000 miles on clock
    needs l/h mirror ans speedo pin but other than this she runs and rides fine 1 months tax and mot till aug she also has a full micron race system

all help will be appreciated

2. Re: gsxr 1100 slingshot 
    I will give you £200 for it.

3. Re: gsxr 1100 slingshot 
    There's probably an owners' forum around somewhere for them where you'd get advice and probably be able to sell it on without too much trouble.
    Google is your friend, try it....
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

4. Re: gsxr 1100 slingshot 
    how come ur selling?

5. Re: gsxr 1100 slingshot 
    Tidy gsxr1100s are appreciating now - but take look on ebay and see how much they are fetching. Pretty iconic bikes (thought the air/oil cooled gsxr750s are a touch more desirable)

If they are easy fixes, it often does not affect value too much.

I remember riding a couple over a decade ago, they really rock - ended up with an EXUP though.

6. Re: gsxr 1100 slingshot 
    I don't think they fetch much to be honest
    The oil cooled ones are the desirable bikes, as stated above
    As a guide, this one looks pretty clean
    http://urban-fighters.co.uk/index.php?topic=323.0

D'oh, the link wont work unless you are a member, cut and pasted

Fired up once a month and ridden round the carpark is the only milage covered since its MoT in Jan
    Unloved Unmolested classic
    23k miles, Micron headers, std link/can or baffleless link pipe and stumpy can available, braided lines, +2 on the rear sprocket, pazzo levers, black screen
    TBH i'd fit a new back tyre and clean the tank out but she's ready to rock as is £1250 ovno
    Cheers........ Jim

7. Re: gsxr 1100 slingshot 
    A mate just paid £4500 for one....... Yeah that's what I thought too.

8. Re: gsxr 1100 slingshot 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    A mate just paid £4500 for one....... Yeah that's what I thought too.
    i just fell off my chair

9. Re: gsxr 1100 slingshot 
    Tough one this, I paid £700 (or so, can't remember exactly) for my '89 no MOT K model on ebay. About a grand later (full service, tyres, chain n sprockets, fork & shock rebiulds, wheels blasted & painted and a few minor bits n bobs and I've got a reasonable nick slingshot. I would describe mine as in good condition rather than immaculate with a few battle scars on the original paintwork and one or two fairing cracks. Wouldn't take much (paint job, bit of polishing and a new screen) to bring it up to very decent standard.
    These bikes are right at the start of the 'appreciation curve', never going to be Vincent Black Shadows but given the ridiculous prices people are paying for LC's (great bikes, I've owned four but £5k for a minter, really?) who knows the limits. Right now I wouldn't part with mine for less than £5k but that's more about the value I put on it as a piece of personal (blue & white) gixer history. If someone offered me a slightly scuffed, but all the rights bits sorted, 1990 EXUP for anything over £1500 I would laugh so much they would probably clock me one, just 'cos not my bag, in a rambling sort of way just trying to say ............. at the moment a gixer '11 slingshot worth wot someone will offer you for it, don't be offended if it's not much

10. Re: gsxr 1100 slingshot 
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteW4tcher
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1325101548/6#6 date=1325163752]A mate just paid £4500 for one....... Yeah that's what I thought too.
    i just fell off my chair [/quote]
    It's to go with the k6, k3 and '85 750 in his suzuki dream garage. He's also got a Anniversary speed triple too.