Notices

Thread: gsxr 1100 slingshot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: gsxr 1100 slingshot 
    thANKS FOR HELP PEPS
    only reason im selling her is because she has so much power 145bhp to be precise and i always seem to go to quick on her so i think i need to sell her and get something smaller maybe a 400or 600 model

2. Re: gsxr 1100 slingshot 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kylezx6r
    thANKS FOR HELP PEPS
    only reason im selling her is because she has so much power 145bhp to be precise and i always seem to go to quick on her so i think i need to sell her and get something smaller maybe a 400or 600 model
    It only goes as fast as you twist you wrist! A smaller capacity bike will just get you going too fast ... slower.
    Speaking from experience here, I ride a 125 and often look at the speedo to find myself doing 90 without even noticing. Not breaking any records I know but its half again whatAnd the only reason I do notice is because I run out of gears!
    Something I found helps me slow down a bit is to count my gears, I know what speed I can do in what gear etc. Just an idea if you like the bike then its better to find a way to make it work than sell it and still have the same issue!

3. Re: gsxr 1100 slingshot 
    Quote Originally Posted by kylezx6r
    thANKS FOR HELP PEPS
    Wrong reason to sell. A 600 or a 400 will have all the power at the top end so you have to wring it's neck to get the best out of it. If you want your kicks at slower speeds then look at a naked twin (don't type that into google) like a tuono or an sv.

If you were selling it because they handle like a bag of ****e then I would fully understand........

4. Re: gsxr 1100 slingshot 
    Platinum Member
    The streetfighter crowd love the 1100 oil cooled GSXR's. No doubt one of them would have it off you.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

5. Re: gsxr 1100 slingshot 
    Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 i took one out for a test.......hilarious fun tops out at about 120mph but its got some niiiicee low grunt

they also do a 1200 version which ive heard is a ANIMAL

6. Re: gsxr 1100 slingshot 
    Take a look and e-bay, motorcycle mechanics and the bike trader. These will give you an idea.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"