Notices

Thread: Multi bike policy quotes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Multi bike policy quotes 
    The main problem with insurance is that underwriters look at the amount of business they hold and the risks that they are taking. If they have to much risk they up the premiums so they shed customers. If they want more custom they reduce the premiums.

Premiums are calculated each month, so if you renew this month you may pay more than if you renew next month, but of course this can be in reverse as well. What you need to do, although it is a bit time consuming is to get as many quotes as you can, but ensure that the cover and policy conditions are the same. i.e some have a high voluntary excess some don't. Some give you the third party extension to ride other bikes and some don't. Some with not cover theft after 10pm to 7am unless it is garaged. They will not pay if the keys are on or in the vehicle if stolen to give a few examples

Please always read the schedule of cover as all to often you think that you are covered for a risk then after an accident or claims it turns out that you are not and the insurance company likes nothing better than to walk away saying " in was in the schedule of cover".

Hope that helps....

2. Re: Multi bike policy quotes 
    Mine oddity a first time rider at the age of 22 nd dont drive.

£348 ish...

This is TPFT with personal injury, legal cover, helmet and leather cover.

With express insurance...

3. Re: Multi bike policy quotes 
    Well the time has come and having investigated multi-bike policies it's far cheaper to keep 2 separate ones! Benly is £64 a year, Street Triple is £275 (though that includes £48 helmet/leathers cover, £30 legal protection and £35 personal accident cover so isn't as expensive as it sounds). Together they would have been £413. Bennetts came out the cheapest for me again

Still higher than I'd like with 7 years NCB. I used to enjoy paying £120 a year for the TT :P
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

4. Re: Multi bike policy quotes 
    The R6 is due and comes out at £189.00 F C

Asked if that was the best price and the lady said if i took the Benly off it would be £134!!

As you know i havent had the Benley for a while... Ooops.... But £134 for the R6... Ding Dong! ;D ;D

5. Re: Multi bike policy quotes 
    hmm basic FC price for the street triple is £162 - surprised it's more than the R6 :/ bigger engine I suppose but less power!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

6. Re: Multi bike policy quotes 
    Platinum Member
    all depends on so many variables with insurance though.... Scotty pays about £4 for his ZX10 insurance Only messin ;D

7. Re: Multi bike policy quotes 
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix
    Finally got my multi-bike policy sorted with "aquote" who i am already with lol..got it down to £250.00 fully comp with no claims protected(7yrs) but no european cover.
    I was of the belief that basic european cover was a legal requirement on all motor policies

8. Re: Multi bike policy quotes 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    Well the time has come and having investigated multi-bike policies it's far cheaper to keep 2 separate ones! Benly is £64 a year, Street Triple is £275 (though that includes £48 helmet/leathers cover, £30 legal protection and £35 personal accident cover so isn't as expensive as it sounds). Together they would have been £413. Bennetts came out the cheapest for me again

Still higher than I'd like with 7 years NCB. I used to enjoy paying £120 a year for the TT :P
    I had that the first couple of years I had the old honda. After that the multibike was cheaper. You can never tell..... :
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

9. Re: Multi bike policy quotes 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    hmm basic FC price for the street triple is £162 - surprised it's more than the R6 :/ bigger engine I suppose but less power!

The Triples are worth more value than the vintage R6 i have.

Star - Been eating Smarties for lunch? ;D

10. Re: Multi bike policy quotes 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmalade
    [quote author=matrix link=1321112181/16#16 date=1322477160]Finally got my multi-bike policy sorted with "aquote" who i am already with lol..got it down to £250.00 fully comp with no claims protected(7yrs) but no european cover.
    I was of the belief that basic european cover was a legal requirement on all motor policies
    [/quote]

I don't believe it's a legal requirement to include european cover as standard. I have a multibike policy for the Beemers with Carole Nash - £220 FC with NCB protection/legal cover etc. I have all the add ons included for my GS including SatNav with 12K miles annual mileage. 3 months european cover is included in that.