Notices

Thread: Helmet lifespan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Helmet lifespan 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    Under the lining there should be a label with the 'Release date' printed somewhere. Something like '1st quarter 2012'.

Arai's are guaranteed for five years. Having spoken to an Arai rep, they use a different type of foam that is more effective at reforming it's shape. That way it takes longer before the helmet starts to feel loose.

Many times we've come across helmets that are out of date, even though they've only just been bought. The worst one was a helmet that was displaying a 'British Standard Kite Mark', even though these had been phased out 7 years previously... >

Incidentally, if anyone is riding with a helmet displaying the old kite mark, chuck it in the bin. Trust me, it's knackered... :
    Thanks for the advice Able. I'll go and have a look.

2. Re: Helmet lifespan 
    I've just bought a new helmet from George Whites... luvverly it is too!!
    but a little confession...
    The helmet I was using previously was bought new by my elder brother in 1984.

You'll all be pleased to know it's now been binned. :-[
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

3. Re: Helmet lifespan 
    In November I was at the Blue Haze Day at the Ace cafe.

One of the Aircooled RD Club members arrived on his 1976 RD250. He was wearing his Jarno Saarinen replica helmet.

Manufactured in 1973. His bike with the helmet on the seat appeared in the MCN a few weeks back.

Talking of old helmets - open faced 80's helmets are highly prized by classic riders in malaya and they will pay lots of money for old helmets