Notices

Thread: Tinted visors

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Tinted visors 
    Diamond Member
    Hazel.
    Your better off buying a new clear visor for your lid with the dark visor insert.
    Also maybe worth buying a clear 1 also as they stops you misting up a little bit.

2. Re: Tinted visors 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    Hazel.
    Your better off buying a new clear visor for your lid with the dark visor insert.
    Also maybe worth buying a clear 1 also as they stops you misting up a little bit.
    Thanks stu I need a trip to gw or fowlers to get the textiles dabz said he would get me for my birthday so will have a look at visors while I'm there

3. Re: Tinted visors 
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazel-nut
    I'm glad someone else has posted this as I want a tinted visor as well! Might have a look at the pin lock after reading this! Do you have to buy a new clear visor as well as the pin lock bit or will it fit on any visor?
    Will only fit a pin lock ready visor.

4. Re: Tinted visors 
    Diamond Member
    Try Phoenix in Trowbridge they do them. [smiley=thumbup.gif]

5. Re: Tinted visors 
    I have both for mine, bit of a faff having to carry clear/tinted with you but tinted visor so much better than sunglasses, I found you got a reflection off the glasses in bright sunlight.

As for the law, I think they turn a blind eye (sorry for the pun), to dark visors, especially in the day time, much better not to be blinded by bright sunlight! As for using them at night, you'd be pretty stupid to do that anyway!
    It's all about the ride!

6. Re: Tinted visors 
    Platinum Member
    CBA to read the whole thread, but tinted visors are not illegal. It's up to the copper to use his discretion, i.e. if it's bright sunlight, then a tinted visor is fine, if it's dark, then you're a muppet anyway.

7. Re: Tinted visors 
    Banned
    I have the secondary drop down visor in my helmet, it's a great idea and next helmet I buy I will make sure it has the same

8. Re: Tinted visors 
    My new lid has a clear pinlock visor, on the strength of the advice in this thread I'll invest in a tinted pinlock insert... my old lid had a tinted visor, and I found it mich easier to ride in daylight.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

9. Re: Tinted visors 
    Banned
    Good thing about having a pinlock fitted is that your visor will never mist up 8-)

10. Re: Tinted visors 
    Platinum Member
    Secondary visors are ok, but i've heard of some nasty nose bridge injuries. Why not just carry a clear, in case you get caught out?

Guidelines given in the ACPO National Motorcycle Enforcement Strategy (2008).
    These state that if tinted visors are used during daylight hours, then a police officer should only give the rider advice on their use. If used during the hours of darkness or in conditions of reduced visibility, an officer should check the tint of the visor using Tintman equipment where available. The guidelines recommend a pragmatic approach, and only in cases where there's an obvious danger should prosecution be considered.
    So the general rules that the police follow are that visors should let through 50% of light transmission (dark and iridium visors don't), but if you're stopped during the day and you've less light transmission through your visor, you're likely to get advice from the officer. If you use a tinted visor when it's dark, you may face prosecution.