Notices

Thread: Tinted visors

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Tinted visors 
    As alot of you already know i wear sunglases under my clear visor virtually all the time as my eyes are quite sensitive to light.

Am now thinking of buying either a light tinted visor or dark tinted visor and would like views of both from people who are using them and yes i know the dark tinted visors are illegal but more concerned about what suits me best rather than the law.

2. Re: Tinted visors 
    I use a heavily tinted visor in summer, absolutely love it for sunny days. Having moved to wearing contact lenses so I didn't have to faff with glasses under my helmet I didn't want to then start using sunglasses.
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: Tinted visors 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix
    As alot of you already know i wear sunglases under my clear visor virtually all the time as my eyes are quite sensitive to light.

Am now thinking of buying either a light tinted visor or dark tinted visor and would like views of both from people who are using them and yes i know the dark tinted visors are illegal but more concerned about what suits me best rather than the law.
    The problem with the dark tinted visors other than the legality is taking a clear one with you as well incase of bad weather or getting caught out at night. I love my internal dark sunvisor in my Schuberth for that reason - best of both worlds. I have sensitive eye's too (and wear glasses) so use the internal sunvisor most of the time. It also allows me to ride with the main visor up on sunny days to get airflow but still retain eye protection. Worth thinking about if you are looking at new helmets as well.

4. Re: Tinted visors 
    I find the best compromise is to get a tinted pinlock insert, then you can take the insert out if it gets too dark for it , much easier than the faff of carrying a spare visor , they cost about £15 at GW's.

I'm almost sure you can go darker on those too as its not part of the visor itself, the law says something on the lines that your primary means of vison protection must let through 50% of the light , the pinlock isn't part of the visor its like wearing dark glasses. Mark Able or DD will probably shed better light on this.

5. Re: Tinted visors 
    Iv got one clear visor and the rest are heavily tinted. Never had a problem with police for the it. And yes there have been a few times they could have.. : :P. Its probably the last thing they would notice and if they ever did say anything... Its for safety to stop the sun or any glare. I have had Pin tinted strips before and they are a very good also.

6. Re: Tinted visors 
    Iv got one clear visor and the rest are heavily tinted. Never had a problem with police for the it. And yes there have been a few times they could have.. : :P. Its probably the last thing they would notice and if they ever did say anything... Its for safety to stop the sun or any glare. I have had Pin tinted strips before and they are a very good also.

7. Re: Tinted visors 
    I use a dark tinted visor most of the time in daylight, if there's the likelihood of darkness or rain before getting home I'll carry a clear one under my leathers, wrapped around my ribs (stick the visor in a sock to prevent it getting scratched or scuffed) - easy peasy, you can't feel it when riding along, just remember it's there when unzipping leathers so you don't drop it 8-)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

8. Re: Tinted visors 
    Diamond Member
    I have both Dark & clear. However, started using Pinlock visor Clear with a dark insert.
    http://www.racevisors.co.uk/?gclid=C...FYuIfAod625rBg

9. Re: Tinted visors 
    What helmet is it for?
    I always use the darkest tint Arai make. If i'm going on a long journey I take my oxford visor bag that fits around my waist or you can strap it to luggage.
    Best thing is it came free with the tinted visor.

10. Re: Tinted visors 
    I'm glad someone else has posted this as I want a tinted visor as well! Might have a look at the pin lock after reading this! Do you have to buy a new clear visor as well as the pin lock bit or will it fit on any visor?