Notices

Thread: MUD AND MUCK ON ROADS FROM FARMS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: MUD AND MUCK ON ROADS FROM FARMS 
    i think some of you may have taken my point the wrong way
    the point i was trying to get at is that i do understand that the farmers need to do there job and it is an important one, so is the rubbish collection that i'm sure we all get the benifit of but if they left rotton food on your road you would soon complain??????
    so my point is that it cant be hard for farmers to "clean up" after themselves, the same as you would expect of ANY trades person

2. Re: MUD AND MUCK ON ROADS FROM FARMS 
    8-) Got the heater on in the cab and the music turned up loud! 8-)
    About 2 tonne of slurry slopping about in my trailer....Ooops. A bit of mud/sh*te just flew off my rear wheels then. Shall I stop right here on th main road and go clear it up; out there in the wind and the cold?
    Minety roads are a bit mucky at times :P

3. Re: MUD AND MUCK ON ROADS FROM FARMS 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackandchrome
    About 2 tonne of slurry slopping about in my trailer....Ooops. A bit of mud/sh*te just flew off my rear wheels then. Shall I stop right here on th main road and go clear it up; out there in the wind and the cold?
    Not really just keep the entrance/exit to the road clean. Which can be a pain on bends where on a bike or in the car. PLEASE :P

4. Re: MUD AND MUCK ON ROADS FROM FARMS 
    Platinum Member
    This way, while you're plodding along at 20mph in a nsl area all the cars from the queue behind that have overtaken will clear the mud by the time you get there
    There may indeed be some places where 4 wheel vehicles can go faster than 2 wheeled ones.

If you feel a compelling need to keep up with everyone else regardless then you are likely to come to grief at some stage and end up like Marmalade
    Far better to ride at a speed which is suitable for the capabilities of the bike, rider and conditions.
    If that means going 20 mph or less occassionally then so be it.

I was in a hail storm recently and it was like marbles.
    I drove in one of the car tyre tracks and waved all the cars past rather than deciding I must keep up with them at all costs. I got home safely even though it was treacherous on a bike.

5. Re: MUD AND MUCK ON ROADS FROM FARMS 
    YES get your brush and shovel out this instant!!! ;D

6. Re: MUD AND MUCK ON ROADS FROM FARMS 
    I think there is a bit of difference to a bit of sh*te that's spun off a wheel to the disgusting and dangerous mess left by some farmers on the roads eg the A350 just past Longbridge Deverill.

7. Re: MUD AND MUCK ON ROADS FROM FARMS 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki
    [quote author=Blackandchrome link=1326877329/21#21 date=1327236624] 8-) Got the heater on in the cab and the music turned up loud! 8-)
    I think there is a bit of difference to a bit of sh*te that's spun off a wheel to the disgusting and dangerous mess left by some farmers on the roads eg the A350 just past Longbridge Deverill.
    [/quote]
    Also good to see that it's being taken so seriously :-? It's possible to avoid the odd splat but when the whole road is completely covered, what then?
    Even a warning sign would help.
    I do a messy job, opperate heavy machinery and certainly don't do 9-5 and any public areas are cleaned down and made safe before me or any one on my site leaves.
    I couldn't live with myself if someones life was ruined by something so simple as cleaning up after yourself.
    You keep trying, but you don't have an excuse.