Notices

Thread: Gel pads or seats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Gel pads or seats 
    Anybody got any experience of Gel pads or have you got one built into your seat. Do they work to avoid numb bum syndrome?
    Thinking about buying the Triumph gel seat for my tiger, would welcome others views before I spend out the cash!
    Alan

2. Re: Gel pads or seats 
    I got a gel seat on the blackbird. Heaven indeed 8-)
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

3. Re: Gel pads or seats 
    I had a gel seat on my daytona, loved it. Want one for the street triple but can't afford it yet :/
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

4. Re: Gel pads or seats 
    Gel seat on the Tiger works a bloody treat! We had them on the Demo's last year!! Pm me your contact details. If you want one i will get Richard on parts to call you with a WB discount price???!!!

5. Re: Gel pads or seats 
    I've thought about getting one but being short I was worried that it might add height to the seat?

6. Re: Gel pads or seats 
    Got one on my FZ1. Must be me, but it's not a huge improvement over the original. Better, but no armchair. It does add a little to seat height, but not so you'd notice. :-/
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

7. Re: Gel pads or seats 
    i've got a lowered gel seat for the daytona to compensate for my fat arse, excellent job

8. Re: Gel pads or seats 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    Got one on my FZ1. Must be me, but it's not a huge improvement over the original. Better, but no armchair. It does add a little to seat height, but not so you'd notice. :-/
    I have to agree with Mark - my Fazer is fitted with The official Yamaha gel seat and to be honest I noticed a slight improvement, but nothing to write home about. I still get a numb bum after about 100 miles. May be it's just old age creeping up on me :'(

9. Re: Gel pads or seats 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [quote author=Mark_Able link=1326752148/5#5 date=1326831746]Got one on my FZ1. Must be me, but it's not a huge improvement over the original. Better, but no armchair. It does add a little to seat height, but not so you'd notice. :-/
    I have to agree with Mark - my Fazer is fitted with The official Yamaha gel seat and to be honest I noticed a slight improvement, but nothing to write home about. I still get a numb bum after about 100 miles. May be it's just old age creeping up on me :'([/quote]

Or we've just got boney arses Ken... ;D
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

10. Re: Gel pads or seats 
    Lucky enough to pick up a new unused gel seat for my Street Triple via EBay
    It is way more comfy than the standard though I think the harshness/jarring was more down to the el cheapo rear shock Triumph fitted rather than the seat. Before I even tried the gel seat Mike changed the shock for me. Must get around to trying it with the standard one back on and see how that feels. Gel seat is a lot nicer now it has bedded in a bit. Mine has done around 800 miles only under my bum and the stitching looks shabby on it already. Can't say I'd pay £150 for one (though my under £100 wasn't too bad)

Have you tried adjusting the bars or anything? got the bars in the wrong place on my previous Triumph and 10 mins down the road I wanted to get off - vibrations through my 'modesty' were not appreciated