Notices

Thread: NERC act, Offroad RUPPS petition

1. NERC act, Offroad RUPPS petition 
    Just something some of you may be interested in. Our loss of byways for trail riding.
    (Restricted Byways do not allow vehicles. RUPPS are Roads used as Public Paths. Boats are Byways Open to All Traffic).
    Since a daft law called the NERC act was passed, we are down to having only 2% of the available Rights of Way network in the country.
    Change Underused Restricted Byways back to RUPPS - e-petitions
    http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/6975

Many RUPPs were closed and converted to Restricted Byways. However, these restricted byways are underused by users other than motor vehicle users and so are falling into disrepair. Therefore, I believe that all restricted byways should be reverted back to RUPPs or BOATS.

2. Re: NERC act, Offroad RUPPS petition 
    signed and signed

3. Re: NERC act, Offroad RUPPS petition 
    A very big danger of this is that Restricted Byways will be turned into RUPPs, something that the rambling nazis would be only too happy about. I don't believe that vehicles can use RUPPs so we'd go from having something that we can use some of the time to it becoming totally out of bounds for anyone wanting to go green-laning > Restricted Byways usually are closed to traffic to limit damage done, though tractors and 4x4s do far more damage than bikes ever could, and occasionally 4-wheeled vehicles are banned and 2-wheelers are allowed to use them. There's one like this near Peasemore on the Downs.

Personally I'd rather have something restricted to part-time use than lose it altogether.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

4. Re: NERC act, Offroad RUPPS petition 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    A very big danger of this is that Restricted Byways will be turned into RUPPs, something that the rambling nazis would be only too happy about. I don't believe that vehicles can use RUPPs so we'd go from having something that we can use some of the time to it becoming totally out of bounds for anyone wanting to go green-laning > Restricted Byways usually are closed to traffic to limit damage done, though tractors and 4x4s do far more damage than bikes ever could, and occasionally 4-wheeled vehicles are banned and 2-wheelers are allowed to use them. There's one like this near Peasemore on the Downs.

Personally I'd rather have something restricted to part-time use than lose it altogether.
    +1

5. Re: NERC act, Offroad RUPPS petition 
    Support the TRF! 8-)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: NERC act, Offroad RUPPS petition 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    A very big danger of this is that Restricted Byways will be turned into RUPPs, something that the rambling nazis would be only too happy about. I don't believe that vehicles can use RUPPs so we'd go from having something that we can use some of the time to it becoming totally out of bounds for anyone wanting to go green-laning

Eh? ...... RUPP (Road Used as Public Path) became Restricted Byway under the NERC Act not the other way round

Did we teach you nothing at Swindon TRF?

7. Re: NERC act, Offroad RUPPS petition 
    No Paul, I used to switch off when you were talking - which was most of the time.... ;D ;D ;D
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

8. Re: NERC act, Offroad RUPPS petition 
    Doh :'(

9. Re: NERC act, Offroad RUPPS petition 
    Done!